PDA

View Full Version : S.E. PA / West N.J FORUMITES..

OldDog
10-06-2005, 01:52 PM
Any word on the road conditions of PA 32, between 611 and down to Washingtons Crossing? Is the road open all the way through?

The floods of last September 2004 and March 2005 wrecked havoc along the Delaware River.

Thanks for any info.

OD

JasonF
10-06-2005, 02:19 PM
OD,

In general the roads around the Delaware River are in ok shape. River Road from Stockton to Frenchtown (NJ) still has some of the best riding around.

The canal towpaths on the other hand may never recover. As of now, the paths are in pretty bad shape on the PA side, and not much better on the NJ side. There is simply no money available to repair all the damage.

Ray
10-06-2005, 06:55 PM
Dunno about 32. The century I did last Sunday did a several mile portion of 611, which was in fine shape. The canal towpaths, as mentioned above, were in terrible shape the last time I saw them. Some portions are ok, but there are enough outages that you wouldn't want to try to ride them.

-Ray

Bruce H.
10-06-2005, 10:30 PM
32 is alive and well from morrisville to new hope, with exception of bridge over canal north of washington's xing. need to go up to taylorsville road to get around the bridge. it brings you back to 32. signs are big and cannot miss them. Still rebuilding some dwellings but road is open.
happy riding in beautiful Bucks County and nearby Hunterdon cty, NJ
Bruce H

Michael Katz
10-06-2005, 11:05 PM
I believe 32 is also "good" from New Hope to north of the bridge to Frenchtown. For good up to date info on road conditions and routes along the Deleware River and inland on both the PA and NJ sides, check out the websites for Suburban Cyclists Unlimited and Central Bucks Bike Club. SCU has a free email list server open to the public with several hundred subscribers from which you can get a ton of info on riding in the area from those who rides those roads frequently.

OldDog
10-07-2005, 09:59 AM
A big thanks guys. I'm from upstate and have yet this year to venture down your way. Usally do a weekend or two on our tandem, but not this season, as I have been busy repairing our own flood damage at our summer place in Wyoming County along the Susquahanna.

Next week my sweetie and I have an anniversary and will be taking a day to wander your area. Doing a google search on PA rt. 32, I came accross the Mohawk Canoe Club site. I couldn't believe the damage reports listed there. Much worse than up my way from both last September and March/April floods.
Is the scout camp gone at

BTW - dinner at Washington Crossing Inn - BLESSIMO!

Thanks again!

Bruce H.
10-07-2005, 11:25 AM
just a quick p.s.
there are flood warnings out for the weekend both in bucks and up your way. I am in Hazleton M-F and the rain has begun.
Bruce H.