PDA

View Full Version : Look 695 framset-Ipack

FixedNotBroken
09-22-2012, 12:28 PM
Need some advice on the new Look 695. The C59 I ordered is on back order apparently so I am considering the new Look 695..any thoughts? This isn't to compare the C59 to the 695 because from what I have seen, both are amazing rides.

reggiebaseball
09-22-2012, 12:53 PM
so what do you want to know?

The Look is a fine bike, it is monocoque made in Asia. That matters to some.
The Look has a swanky proprietary crank that is very light, but suffered from the usual set of growing pains over the past year (creaky bearings, shearing chain-ring bolts are primarily what I have heard). I do not know if the latest iteration has cured all of these woes.

The look seatpost/seatmast combination is supremely comfortable and stiff IMO, though I am commenting from a 595, but I am quite sure the 695 carries that on.

Depending on your physical size, the geometry of Colnago and Look can vary, so look at that.

Look just showed their 695 Aero, I dunno if that slots in at the same price, or pushes the regular 695 down a peg or what, but ask your dealer about that.

I am not sure that a back order situation would change my mind about a $5000 bicycle purchase, but you may not have been super sold on the Colnago?

My personal choice would be to wait for the Colnago, but if I needed something now I would get a Crumpton Corsa Team. This is personal because I don't like stuff made in China, don't love ISPs and dont like proprietary cranks. YMMV.

FlashUNC
09-22-2012, 01:00 PM
When did Look move manufacturing on their top of the line model to Asia? Did they shutter manufacturing in Tunisia and France?

reggiebaseball
09-22-2012, 01:08 PM
I stand corrected, sorry!
As of 2012 Look says (per a RBA article) they use japanese carbon material, first treated in France, then still made into bikes in Tunisia for the 695 model.
Perhaps it was only lower end models going to Asia.

here it is:
http://www.roadbikeaction.com/Features/content/67/4998/Being-There-Inside-The-Look-Factory.html

Ramjm_2000
09-22-2012, 07:28 PM
I think only the 555 was made Asia. Maybe the 565.