PDA

View Full Version : csi forks

kvnmuadib
09-21-2012, 10:04 PM
I imagine csi 's typically came with a steel fork.I saw one for sale but the reynolds ouzo fork didn't excite me.the ride may be great but not my cuppa tea unless the price was a real bargain.Any availibility from serotta for steel forks?Just asking if anyone has any experience.pricey as well?

mike p
09-22-2012, 07:30 AM
CSI's came with steel and or carbon forks, and they do ride great with either. I'm not sure if Serotta will make you a fork anymore or not but it's a safe bet you'll pay dearly for it if they will. Dave Kirk is one of many custom builders that could make you a CSI type fork. They also come up on eBay from time to time.

Mike

Ken Robb
09-22-2012, 12:28 PM
Yep-CSi came with steel at first and then a choice of steel or F1 carbon.

Marcusaurelius
09-22-2012, 05:36 PM
Serotta announced a couple of months ago they would be making 1" carbon forks. I'm not sure of the price but I suspect it will be smiliar to what they charge for their other forks.

I had an F1 fork on a CSI and it's a very good carbon fork.

Mort
09-22-2012, 07:25 PM
I bought a CSi in 2002. It came with an F1 fork. The original fork was fine, but last year I asked Kelly Bedford to make a steel replacement. The new fork is a few ounces lighter than the original, looks great, and rides beautifully. I highly recommend it.