PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Shorts/Knickers

fourflys
09-20-2012, 10:12 PM
So I've had around 3 or 4 rides on my Zoic Hoodoo Shorts (really almost knickers) and really like them! The shorts are long enough that they cover the knee when riding so actually keep the knee pretty warm. The material is thick enough that the wind doesn't go straight through. I just rode the Lugi here in Kodiak in cool (~50 degree), misty weather and was chilly at all... They come with a removable padded liner that is actually has a pretty nice chamois. I initially bought a pair of these to use for Mtn Biking and decided they are a great "around town" short when you want to veer away from sausage casing lycra... while I've been wearing lycra for 6 yrs know, I've found I'm not as comfortable in a small fishing town as I was in SoCal... I still wear it as times, but...

Anyway, I suggest you check them out and Zoic is an awesome company with great customer support!

http://zoic.com/hoodoo
http://www.treefortbikes.com/images/raw/4c402815.jpg

Louis
09-20-2012, 10:29 PM
I initially bought a pair of these to use for Mtn Biking and decided they are a great "around town" short when you want to veer away from sausage casing lycra... while I've been wearing lycra for 6 yrs know, I've found I'm not as comfortable in a small fishing town as I was in SoCal...

Cool. I was wondering how the changeover to Alaska was going for you. The shorts do look neat, and the pockets and the look remind me a bit of my North Face hiking shorts, which were way expensive, but very good.

Having said that, here's a bit of drift:

I think this (^^^^) is an interesting perspective, in part because I don't really understand why some folks feel they have to apologize for wearing Lycra. IMO it's just part of the uniform of the sport. Football players were helmets and pads, baseball players were caps, and roadies wear Lycra shorts. It doesn't really bother me to walk into a teeny Missouri town bar or general store wearing my shorts and gaudy jersey, even though some folks there might think goodness knows what, and wouldn't be caught dead in them. Form follows function, and to me they are eminently practical, local mores be d@mmed.

fourflys
09-20-2012, 10:39 PM
I think this (^^^^) is an interesting perspective, in part because I don't really understand why some folks feel they have to apologize for wearing Lycra. IMO it's just part of the uniform of the sport. Football players were helmets and pads, baseball players were caps, and roadies wear Lycra shorts. It doesn't really bother me to walk into a teeny Missouri town bar or general store wearing my shorts and gaudy jersey, even though some folks there might think goodness knows what, and wouldn't be caught dead in them. Form follows function, and to me they are eminently practical, local mores be d@mmed.

I'm not saying I'll never wear lycra here... I guess my riding has changed some up here... with the new job and weather, my days of long, faster (I was never fast) rides along the 101 are long gone... they have been replaced with rides of convenience when I can and tend to be shorter and more for pleasure... I guess I don't equate these types of rides with lycra much... plus I did just buy the new Grant Peterson book... :help: :banana: :D

Louis
09-20-2012, 10:58 PM
plus I did just buy the new Grant Peterson book...

That explains it. Do they sell platform pedals and Crocs at the LBS? ;)

I do get what you mean about those being for shorter, more casual rides. Along those same lines, it wouldn't make sense for you to ride a Di2 equipped bike either.