PDA

View Full Version : Have I

H.Frank Beshear
10-05-2005, 09:44 PM
lost my mind? Silly question. My daughter Shannon loves to dance and perform in front of an audiance, been in the nutcracker 3 times this is her 4 year and she's 10, believes honestly that all those people have come to see her. :D I believe honestly that someday they shall. Anyway the director of the studio asked me if I ever thought of being "in" the nutcracker? Silly me says eh It might be kinda cool. First rehersal tonight :crap: . I'd rather cook a 5 course meal for 20, thats easy. The last 2 years I've catered/cooked for the cast party. I hope it gets easier I have the first four steps down pat then I have to spin my partner and things get real fuzzy :D . Video will not be forthcoming. Do not even go there :D .Yes I have to wear makeup. It should be alot of fun I haven't felt so helpless since I let go of the workbench the first time I was on rollers. Shannon thinks its cool hopes I'll get to play her Dad :p I'll keep you posted..maybe Frank

Ginger
10-05-2005, 10:55 PM
No, you're expanding your horizons.

67-59
10-05-2005, 11:04 PM
Frank,

Sounds like it could actually be kinda fun, and if nothing else, a great chance to spend time with your daughter. My girls are about your daughter's age (9 and 11), and I never regret taking the opportunity to spend more time with them. Enjoy!

John

Serpico
10-06-2005, 01:36 AM
sounds cool, you're daughter will appreciate and remember it for a long time

Too Tall
10-06-2005, 06:23 AM
Move over Big Willy, Big Frank is da man today :cool: *Sorry Willy, I had to move on.

You are not alone. Two of my massage clients are retired pro dancers who have wives, lifes, kids and dig working out with the "real" troupe and filling in minor roles. It is pretty cool and not all that different from what we "age group" racer/riders do when you think about it.

Kevin
10-06-2005, 06:49 AM
I see a forum gathering in Moline in the near future. Give us a date and a location. :beer:

Kevin

Kevan
10-06-2005, 06:53 AM
they're sold out!!!

Kevin
10-06-2005, 05:39 PM
Anybody know a good scapler in Moline. I think we may need 40 or 50 tickets.

Kevin

H.Frank Beshear
10-06-2005, 06:06 PM
I can hear the catcalls all ready :rolleyes: My life is ruined :crap: Oh well I get meet more of my special friends :beer: Therapy and medication It's a wonderful life :banana: :D

H.Frank Beshear
12-05-2005, 08:41 PM
We had our first performance on Saturday. This has been a blast I would have never belived I'd have this much fun. I have a new appriciation for the dancers, it's hard work. Great cardio workout though. I also learned not to fall into the radiator at the studio :crap: but ribs heal and thats a different story :D . At least I didn't crush my partner. :banana: We have 4 shows the weekend of the 17th and then we're done till next year. I might have to do this again. Shannon thinks its cool and thats what counts. Someday she may have different ideas about sharing the stage with me, I'll enjoy it while I can. Have a great holiday season. Frank

Ken Robb
12-05-2005, 08:42 PM
Geez Frank, I've seen your legs and you're no Baryshnikov. :D

Sandy
12-06-2005, 04:56 AM
Geez Frank, I've seen your legs and you're no Baryshnikov. :D

Nobody is.

Kevin
12-06-2005, 05:21 AM
Frank,

I am glad you enjoyed yourself. When are you going to post some pictures?

Kevin

H.Frank Beshear
12-06-2005, 07:14 AM
Well Kevin if Ian is brave enough to post a picture in a skirt I guess I can post one of me in tails. Dress rehersal is next Thursday I'll have Debbie take some pictures of Shannon and I. Frank

Sandy
12-06-2005, 08:09 AM
Well Kevin if Ian is brave enough to post a picture in a skirt I guess I can post one of me in tails. Dress rehersal is next Thursday I'll have Debbie take some pictures of Shannon and I. Frank

Please be sure that you specify who is who. :) :D

Simple Sandy

Ken Robb
12-06-2005, 10:22 AM
"in tails"? Heck, I was thinking of you in a dance belt and tights!!!!!!

H.Frank Beshear
12-15-2005, 10:25 PM
Here is the promised picture. The director had a little issue with pictures on stage. Something about all the other girls wanting pictures taken but their parents weren't in costume. Shannon loves the stage. Dads had a good time. 4 more shows, then :beer: Frank

gasman
12-15-2005, 11:07 PM
Frank-
YOU ARE ONE LUCKY DAD !!!!!!!!

Gasman with a 16 yo daughter who would never let him on stage with her.

Kevin
12-16-2005, 04:51 AM
It looks like she had a blast. Congratulations.

Kevin