PDA

View Full Version : Sidi / Giro Shoe Size Comparison

holliscx
09-19-2012, 12:55 PM
Has anyone worn Sidis and switched to Giros? I'm looking at a pair of Privateers for cx and I'm not sure what size to order. I called Giro's customer service earlier but didn't get a definitive answer, so I was wondering if anyone has worn both and how they compare fit wise. I wear a 45 Sidi and someone across the hall said he wears a 44 Sidi and thought a 44.5 Giro was equivalent (both make half sizes).

BdaGhisallo
09-19-2012, 12:57 PM
I went from a 43.5 in the Sidi Ergo 2 to a 43.5 in the Giro Prolight and Factor. My orthotics that were made to fit the Sidis fit perfectly in the Giros.

gospastic
09-19-2012, 12:58 PM
I went from Sidi to Giro and went up half a size.

holliscx
09-19-2012, 01:02 PM
I went from Sidi to Giro and went up half a size.

Thanks you're the second to say so. Would love to hear more chime in.

sg8357
09-19-2012, 01:12 PM
I wear a 45.5 in Sidi and 46 in Giro Code, the Giro is roomier
in the toe box than the Sidi.

charliedid
09-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Giro is slightly narrower in toe box because it has a straighter last than the Sidi I wear a 44 in both and have high posted custom orthotics. I sell both at the shop I am at.

I chose the 44 HV (high volume) Privateer. It is one of the best values in shoes out there.

Just an opinion.

oldguy00
09-19-2012, 10:04 PM
I was a 45 in Giro, 45.5 in sidi..

weightshift
09-20-2012, 01:37 PM
I've ridden with Sidis for a number of years (Dragons for MTB and Genius for road) and recently made the switch to Giro Factors for road shoes. They fit wider overall —*more room, not so tight/form-fitting as the Sidi Genius. Where, in a Sidi Genius, I went for the Wide versions, in the Factors I don't need it.

I do feel however that the toebox is actually a touch bigger in the Giros than the Genius. I have 44s in both, but I think the Giro has a touch more room lengthwise than the Sidi.

That said, I've tried the Gauges, Privateers for MTB to compare to my Sidi Dragons and find that the sizing is the same.

My take is to get the same size in both. I do think the Giro last is a touch wider/more comfy, which is nice. The Giros really are a great value and impressive on the quality level.

rice rocket
09-20-2012, 01:39 PM
There's multiple reasons to go up/down in sizes. Length, width, forefoot volume, heel cup shape, etc. You'd do yourself a favor by trying before you buy.