PDA

View Full Version : weird experiment # 2

Dr. Doofus
10-05-2005, 06:04 PM
tryin to lose a little weight this fall, to get from 160 down to 155 or so

so doofus, who am I, does not eat grains at home

fruit, veggies, meat, yogurt, nuts...sure. but no grain

grain comes at school. doof eats a sandwich every 90-120 minutes from 8:30-3:00, so that's about eight pieces of whole grain bread, or maybe 2 whole wheat bagels and two slices of bread....

seems to be working so far...planty of CHO to train on each day, but the calories are down a little...so doof down to 159 after ten days....

csb
10-05-2005, 06:09 PM
doof eats a sandwich every 90-120 minutes from 8:30-3:00

nobody eat 50 eggs luke

Dr. Doofus
10-05-2005, 06:19 PM
what we have here is a failure to communicate

H.Frank Beshear
10-05-2005, 09:14 PM
He wants it.. so he gits it

Too Tall
10-06-2005, 06:59 AM
Ummm, just a suggestion....tossed salad?

Kevan
10-06-2005, 08:54 AM
the new diet food: soup.

just watch the sodium. And no... creamy, cheesy soups aren't allowed.

Dr. Doofus
10-06-2005, 09:03 AM
Miso, I well know

Fixed
10-06-2005, 09:55 AM
bro eat less ride more cheers :beer:

Dr. Doofus
10-06-2005, 10:24 AM
bro

always want to eat

(how we got to a fat 174 to begin with, even with 18 hrs. a week during the spring)

Too Tall
10-06-2005, 01:23 PM
Quit starving yourself it puts your bod into "MUST store fat" mode.

Eat more often, less overall calories.

Lots a veggies, fruit and cut back on the nightly Frothnslosh lager. Say NO to 1/2 n 1/2, dessert etc. Popcorn for eve. snack.

Eat normal stuff just be reasonable. Weight loss of 1 lb every few weeks is alot come spring my brutha.

Or......I can put you to work landscaping and building the mom-in-law suite...pay you nothing...but you'd have a PIMP ride and feed you organic treats and beat you into awesome racing form by spring....oh wait, there is a law against that. Tch.

Dr. Doofus
10-06-2005, 02:06 PM
yeah

tryin to do the "eat smaller portions more often" thing (why I have a sandwich in between each class rather than go from 6AM to 1:15 without eating)

tryin to fill up on fruits and veggies, not bread and bagels

don't drink anyway, don't use cream, don't eat sweets...not many bad thnigs doof can take out.

just want to cut five pounds in three months

Climb01742
10-06-2005, 03:55 PM
fruits have lots of sugar. nix 'em. i'd suggest lean protein, veggies and complex, unprocessed carbs. been working for me.

FlaRider
10-06-2005, 04:05 PM
Fruits, however, also contain _a ton_ of healthy nutrients, vitamins and minerals, including anti-oxidants, which are key to recovery. If you want to remove sugar from your diet, skip the brownies, the sugar in the coffee, etc., but do not skimp on moderate amounts of fruits. I learned this from Monique Ryan's new book, Sports Nutrition for Endurance Athletes, which should be mandatory reading for anyone who is serious about cycling.

Cadence230
10-07-2005, 08:43 PM
This is from:http://www.e-caps.com/za/ECP?PAGE=ARTICLE&ARTICLE.ID=537&OMI=10089,10071&AMI=10089&RETURN_URL=%2Fza%2FECP%3FPAGE%3DEXPERTS%26OMI%3D10 089%2C10071%26AMI%3D10089&RETURN_TEXT=Ask%20the%20Experts Reducing body fat percent while maintaining lean muscle mass means reducing carbohydrate by 25% and saturated fat 100%, while maintaining Protein intake at approximately 1.4 grams per kilogram body weight(150 lbs=68 kilograms, or 95-100 grams dietary protein per day). When reducing body fat stores, mood alteration toward "hungry and grumpy" is to be expected when body fat stores begin to burn. The human body tends to be protective and will responsively lower metabolic rate to compensate for the advent of mobilization of lipid stores. This advent will make you feel sluggish, experience cravings, and maybe even "dream of pouring Chocolate Hammer Gel over vanilla ice cream". During fat burning, most of your training efforts on the bike should be aerobic-long with only occasional short sprints or concerted high heart rate bursts efforts.(Avoid Interval sessions) Supplements that may help your fat-burning-lipid mobilizing aerobic activities (contains Chromium Polynicotinate GTF Trivalent). Here are some rules I suggest you employ for no more than 6 weeks: 1. Lose no more than 1/2 lb. per week. 2. Measure body fat at start of 6 weeks and at finish(If you send me your height and weight and waist measurement, I can compute it for you) 3. Avoid all Saturated Fats! 4. Avoid all commercially prepared diets/foods. 5. Cut simple sugars completely, lower complex carbohydrates by 25%. 6. Increase high fiber dietary content. 7. Train in the mornings at aerobic levels(high duration is best)in order to boost RMR for entire day. 8. Train using only occasional short bursts with high intensity efforts. 9. Maintain intake of GTF Trivalent Chromium from Chromemate . Magnetic Resonance Imaging(MRI) studies show that vegetarians tend to store body fat in subcutaneous areas, while meat eaters tend to "marble" fat stores intramuscularly. Since you are a master's athlete, at age 54, and a vegetarian, who appears to be pleased with your body mass index, I question how much fat loss you will be able to accomplish in terms of how much this will enhance your performance. Give it a 6 week trial and follow the suggestions to a "T", then post me back with your results, weight, and measurements, and I will compute your body fat content.