Fixed
09-19-2012, 09:27 AM
I don't want spoil the race for anyone but.... We did pretty well today
Cheers great race :bike:

thegunner
09-19-2012, 09:59 AM
I don't want spoil the race for anyone but.... We did pretty well today
Cheers great race :bike:

i only wonder what it would've been like with cancellara, wiggo, and froome present though (says everyone haha)

harryblack
09-19-2012, 10:24 AM
yeah, world's are always an absentees what if... still, though I've not been part of the Taylor Phinney hype team, a good ride's a good ride... And MUCH better TP than the myriad Garmin doper/schmucks/hypocrites of races recently past... Nice to see Tony Martin take the win also.

Also, if TP can stay injury free, I will go out on limb and say he'll have greater palmares than Chemically Enhanced Hincapie managed... He's got the talent AND the guts.

re: Evlyn Stevens, sure she's riding well but I stand by my assertion that any sport where someone goes from rank amateur to world beater in less than a handful of years isn't much of a competitive sport at all... i.e. there' NO, none, zero chance she could have achieved anything similar in, say, women's track or road running-- nor even come close on a domestic level, let alone international.

i only wonder what it would've been like with cancellara, wiggo, and froome present though (says everyone haha)

Lovetoclimb
09-19-2012, 10:31 AM
gutted to see a loss by such a small margin, but at the same time, happy to see someone really fight to get the W. Even Contador clawed his way back to an impressive finish. After the incredible Vuelta, I wonder what kind of recovery it takes to then go this deep again so soon.

tiretrax
09-19-2012, 02:23 PM
After the incredible Vuelta, I wonder what kind of recovery it takes to then go this deep again so soon.
Not much when you've doped!

Fixed
09-19-2012, 03:30 PM
Not much when you've doped!

Does it last forever ?
Just wondering :)
Cheers