jpw
09-19-2012, 09:11 AM
http://serotta.com/ultimate-ride-contest/

Good luck!

AngryScientist
09-19-2012, 09:16 AM
sweet - i'm in!

now to come up with something epic.

anyone up for a quick trip to the dolomites?

AngryScientist
09-19-2012, 09:29 AM
and really, it's only fitting that someone from this forum should win this contest. get your cameras out team, this could actually be pretty exciting.

thanks for posting!

JayBay
09-19-2012, 10:22 AM
Wow, have you tried submitting that form yet? Looks like they're still in dire need of some web help.... arrghh.

Fixed
09-19-2012, 10:31 AM
Do think my trainer rides would count?:)
Cheers

oliver1850
09-19-2012, 12:06 PM
I think getting back on the trainer and helping you rehab would make a pretty good story. All entries get a water bottle too.

Since the voting's going to consider photos, it seems those in more scenic locales are going to have an edge.

Bill Stephens
09-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Wow, have you tried submitting that form yet? Looks like they're still in dire need of some web help.... arrghh.

The form now seems to be using better manners. Please let me know if it misbehaves again. This should be fun, not frustrating! So let's hope it's back to fun.

Bill Stephens
Communications Manager
Serotta
bill.stephens@serotta.com

fogrider
09-20-2012, 03:22 PM
if you read my entry, you will know why I picked my handle...my photos are not particularly scenic but they help tell my story. so this is my shameless pitch for your vote!

pakora
09-20-2012, 03:36 PM
I stole a Serotta to write about it for this contest, assuming the possession is 9/10ths rule was sufficient for ownership.

slidey
09-20-2012, 03:39 PM
It's in how you can put it in words...if it's appealing enough, then it surely will! Good luck :)

Do think my trainer rides would count?:)
Cheers

Fixed
09-20-2012, 05:11 PM
It's in how you can put it in words...if it's appealing enough, then it surely will! Good luck :)

I am only riding an eddy Merckx now I did buy a new serotta many years ago but no longer have it , does that count ?:)
Cheers

avalonracing
09-20-2012, 09:10 PM
Ben,

People who are already having epic rides on their Serottas (complete with pictures) are already having a good enough life. Give a Serotta and an "Epic Ride Trip" to someone who has a crappy bike and can't afford a Serotta or lives in a place with lousy roads and would appreciate a week in lovely Upstate NY.

slidey
09-20-2012, 09:27 PM
I think not, but welcome to my world...where every bike is a Merckx :)

:)

I am only riding an eddy Merckx now I did buy a new serotta many years ago but no longer have it , does that count ?:)
Cheers

maxdog
09-20-2012, 10:16 PM
ben,

people who are already having epic rides on their serottas (complete with pictures) are already having a good enough life. Give a serotta and an "epic ride trip" to someone who has a crappy bike and can't afford a serotta or lives in a place with lousy roads and would appreciate a week in lovely upstate ny.

+1

FlashUNC
09-21-2012, 08:05 AM
Ben,

People who are already having epic rides on their Serottas (complete with pictures) are already having a good enough life. Give a Serotta and an "Epic Ride Trip" to someone who has a crappy bike and can't afford a Serotta or lives in a place with lousy roads and would appreciate a week in lovely Upstate NY.

Agreed. I can't take an epic photo riding around Charlotte-Douglas International Airport. Simply doesn't exist.

Well, that and TSA would likely detain me.

robin3mj
09-26-2012, 06:21 PM
The form now seems to be using better manners. Please let me know if it misbehaves again. This should be fun, not frustrating! So let's hope it's back to fun.

Bill Stephens
Communications Manager
Serotta
bill.stephens@serotta.com

Bill,
I was writing my entry today and found it to be well over the 500 word limit listed in the rules, so am cutting it down. However I did notice that some of the existing entries also exceed the 500 word max. Is this going to be a hard and fast rule, or is there some wiggle room as long as you can tell your story with reasonable brevity?

Thanks,