PDA

View Full Version : Almost hit by a bat this morning

Tom
10-05-2005, 02:53 PM
No, not one of those bats. A little fluttery brown one. It flew into my headlight cone and I think it was as surprised as I was.

Riding before daylight is just way too cool. I am having such a great time stealing rides from the darkness. By this time last year I was on the trainer in the morning.

Edit: And if you're worried about the other kind, hang around the Red Sox. They can't seem to hit anything with theirs, and Clement couldn't seem to miss any with his pitching. Ah, at least the misery'll be over quick. On the other hand, it's good to see the world is back on its proper axis.

SGP
10-05-2005, 03:02 PM
i had this happen once! it was dusk, the bat hit my helmet and either got stuck or grab on. it screeched and slaped me in the face with its wing. i jumped from my bike, threw my helmet in to the weeds and flapped my arms while jumping up and down! :banana:

should have seen the look on the motorist who saw my dance but missed the bat :D :D :banana: :banana:

BumbleBeeDave
10-05-2005, 05:57 PM
I went into Breugger’s this morning and Jen behind the counter told me she had seen me out riding earlier in the morning. Since I wasn’t out, it obviously wasn’t me, but I‘m pretty sure it was you. She told me it freaked her out--the light was bluish and she could’t figure out what the H*ll is was until the cyclist got right up to her.

The Ghost Light of Schenectady strikes again! :rolleyes:

Dave

Ginger
10-05-2005, 10:51 PM
Hmmm...I was thinking maybe an old bluehair in an el camino....

glad to hear it was a small fuzzy brown one instead.

Too Tall
10-06-2005, 06:41 AM
BWAaaaa hahahaha....oh Ginger...stop!
Don't make me remember the last 12 hrs. of PBP!!! I was hallucinating all sorts of interesting things...you know the usual...trees eating people...liquid roads...but none as interesting as the bats that were diving at my headlamp. Sheesh. Now you tell me this and I wonder WAS it a hallucination or not????!!!!!