PDA

View Full Version : The first Australian Custom Bicycle Show! Who's going?

Ginger
09-17-2012, 05:38 AM
I thought of putting this in events, but it isn't my event. And, I think it's a nice addition to any vacation you might put together to Australia! And perhaps a good time for forumites in Australia to meet up to put face to name.

The first Australian Custom Bicycle Show. December 1 and 2 (and I think there may be a cozy "meet the builder" thing going on as well.

http://www.fyxomatosis.com/index.php/events/australian-custom-bicycle-show

People wax lyrical about being at the first happening of any event. This one should be special.

(It ain't interbike. That's a warning to anyone who is looking for anything remotely interbikey...)

And if you're in Melbourne at the show, stop by the Llewellyn Custom Bicycles "booth" I love to meet fellow forumites!

thinpin
09-17-2012, 07:30 AM
Strewth Sheila, I'm in.

oldpotatoe
09-17-2012, 08:15 AM
I thought of putting this in events, but it isn't my event. And, I think it's a nice addition to any vacation you might put together to Australia! And perhaps a good time for forumites in Australia to meet up to put face to name.

The first Australian Custom Bicycle Show. December 1 and 2 (and I think there may be a cozy "meet the builder" thing going on as well.

http://www.fyxomatosis.com/index.php/events/australian-custom-bicycle-show

People wax lyrical about being at the first happening of any event. This one should be special.

(It ain't interbike. That's a warning to anyone who is looking for anything remotely interbikey...)

And if you're in Melbourne at the show, stop by the Llewellyn Custom Bicycles "booth" I love to meet fellow forumites!

"It ain't interbike."

That's a GOOD thing. Interbike is shrinking, looking for focus. Moving way down the strip to Mandalay bay next year.

Many former exhibitors are just going to DirtDemo(even the road stuff guys), making appointments but not really 'showing' anything. Nothing really new, most all has already been shown or leaked...EuroBike is the first.

sram supposedly showing their wet discs for cross(road)..kinda late for this year's 'cross tho...not unlike last year with 'new' red.

shimano with 11s Di2(3?), Campag with Athena EPS.....yawn.

Gettin' kinda tedious..leaving Wednesday AM....

rice rocket
09-17-2012, 10:31 AM
All I want to see is some BAUMs!:hello:

William
09-17-2012, 10:44 AM
Baum rides are sweet, but I'll bet there will also be some nice offerings from...

Gellie Custom
Hillbrick Bicycles
Kumo Cycles
Llewellyn Bikes
Teschner Bikes

as well.

William

XC_racing
09-17-2012, 04:43 PM
awesome, i'll be attending for sure.

Bruce K
09-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Damn !!!!

We're planning to get back there but not then

Sounds like a good time

BK

Llewellyn
09-18-2012, 01:33 AM
Thinking seriously about going to this even though it's over the other side of the country (albeit in my favourite city).

Must speak to the wife

Ginger
09-18-2012, 05:57 AM
"It ain't interbike."

That's a GOOD thing. ...

I did Interbike once. Like disneyland fun, once was enough.

This is a small show. Possibly smaller than NAHBS when it first started, after all, Australia is a smaller country. But I've seen excellent craftsmanship here. Australian builders sell themselves short.

Anyone who's there should be able to talk to local established and new Australian builders and suppliers.

And yes, you should come all the way across the country to say hello to Dazza.

Llewellyn, Tell the wife to contact me. Wife to wife I'll tell her it's the best event to go to, you get bikes and if she's not into bikes, Melbourne has great coffee and cafes, museums, art, and shopping...AND FAIRY PENGUINS! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Penguin
What's not to like about the fairy penguins? I know you have them over there too...but still... Rockwiz is filmed in St. Kilda too I think...all sorts of non-bike reasons to go.

Bruce, we haven't completed our remodel yet, so we have no spare rooms...but that shouldn't stop you! C'mon down!

Ginger
09-18-2012, 06:05 AM
Strewth Sheila, I'm in.

I look forward to meeting you!

Red wine or beer? (or soda if that's your poison...)

djg
09-18-2012, 07:09 AM
Let's see . . .

three children . . .

24 hours on a plane . . .

I'm trying to work this out in my head, but there's too much screaming going on in there.

Sounds like fun though. Hope it's a big success or, you know, whatever scale of success and good time you're shooting for.

Llewellyn
09-18-2012, 08:02 AM
Just booked my flights.

My wife had no problem at all with me going. She said it's no different to when she goes off to play at a golf competition for a couple of days. She's a wonderful lady.

Ginger
09-18-2012, 08:16 AM
Let's see . . .

three children . . .

24 hours on a plane . . .

I'm trying to work this out in my head, but there's too much screaming going on in there.

Sounds like fun though. Hope it's a big success or, you know, whatever scale of success and good time you're shooting for.

I flew out of here once from Brissie to KL in the middle of a family of five. Single air travellers everywhere are thanking you for your wisdom. May you have peace any time you fly in the future. :banana:

I'll just be there for the wine and the party. As I said...not my event. I'm just married to Dazza from Llewellyn Custom Bicycles (and not Llewellyn here on the forum).

Ginger
09-18-2012, 08:19 AM
Just booked my flights.

My wife had no problem at all with me going. She said it's no different to when she goes off to play at a golf competition for a couple of days. She's a wonderful lady.

Cool.
See you there!

Fiertetimestwo
09-18-2012, 06:35 PM
Hey Ginger,

Glad to see your'e into Rockwiz- one of my favourite shows. And yes- it is filmed at the The Esplanade Hotel ("the Espy") at St Kilda. A bit grungy- you know- sticky carpet from all the spilled beer- but cool.

Wish I could get there!

flydhest
09-18-2012, 07:11 PM
OK mostly off topic since I won't be in OZ anytime soon, but much love and a big hug, Ginger. Miss you.

maunahaole
09-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Should be a great get together. Lots of nice stuff coming out of Australia these days, but I will say that I miss seeing pics of Dazza's bikes on a regular basis. Will there be a steam locomotive on display, perhaps?

All the best to Ginger and Dazz.

Ginger
09-19-2012, 04:26 AM
Hey Ginger,

Glad to see your'e into Rockwiz- one of my favourite shows. And yes- it is filmed at the The Esplanade Hotel ("the Espy") at St Kilda. A bit grungy- you know- sticky carpet from all the spilled beer- but cool.

Wish I could get there!

Dazza loves Rockwiz. I like it because I do ok with certain sets of questions (Million dollar Riff...I think that comes from listening to full length recordings. Most people just listen to the Radio edit and they miss the lead in...I don't pick up on the older Australian stuff as well...)
:)
We hope to be in the audience one day. :)

Ginger
09-19-2012, 04:30 AM
OK mostly off topic since I won't be in OZ anytime soon, but much love and a big hug, Ginger. Miss you.

Awwww HUGS to you too! I miss you too!

Ginger
09-19-2012, 04:43 AM
Should be a great get together. Lots of nice stuff coming out of Australia these days, but I will say that I miss seeing pics of Dazza's bikes on a regular basis. Will there be a steam locomotive on display, perhaps?

All the best to Ginger and Dazz.

I'll try to be better about the photos...honest! (I'm working a bit away during the week, so I miss a lot of the stuff going out the door...)