PDA

View Full Version : I'm an idiot...but I'm learning.

Lewis Moon
09-14-2012, 03:45 PM
A couple of days ago I swapped out my Shimergo drivetrain for a Campy 10. I bought a nice KMC chain and installed. It looked as if the chain was a bit short so I thought I'd add a couple of links. I've never used a missing link before so I buggered it taking it off. No worries, I'll just use my trusty chain tool from ye ol' tool box 'cause I'm old school. I added the links and and connected the chain back together, all the while thinking that something felt weird when I pressed the rivets out. Then it hit me...these are peened over. I could probably find the buggered connectors with a magnifying glass, but I just went ahead and ordered another. The thought of snapping a chain makes my testicles rise like the landing gear on a 747.
Guess I'm going to get some other maintenance done this weekend.

dekindy
09-14-2012, 04:23 PM
The thought of snapping a chain makes makes my testicles rise like the landing gear on a 747.

LMAO! Made my day. Sure wish this were possible.

firerescuefin
09-14-2012, 04:29 PM
A couple of days ago I swapped out my Shimergo drivetrain for a Campy 10. I bought a nice KMC chain and installed. It looked as if the chain was a bit short so I thought I'd add a couple of links. I've never used a missing link before so I buggered it taking it off. No worries, I'll just use my trusty chain tool from ye ol' tool box 'cause I'm old school. I added the links and and connected the chain back together, all the while thinking that something felt weird when I pressed the rivets out. Then it hit me...these are peened over. I could probably find the buggered connectors with a magnifying glass, but I just went ahead and ordered another. The thought of snapping a chain makes makes my testicles rise like the landing gear on a 747.
Guess I'm going to get some other maintenance done this weekend.

At least your "idiocy" stopped at a safe place:) .....many don't know when to stop.

Charles M
09-14-2012, 10:47 PM
You're not an Idiot, you're an a$$hole:p for calling yourself an idiot but catching your mistake while reminding me of the time I did the same thing to a chain but took a ride anyway...

It busted 35 miles from home on a week end when the wife was away...