PDA

View Full Version : Horse vs. cyclist....nyum nyum nyum....

54ny77
09-13-2012, 08:44 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/2rfvhjd.gif

:p

djg21
09-13-2012, 09:21 PM
Interesting. The horse's ears are pinned back and it clearly was agitated. If you look in the background, there is a foal. Not a good idea to approach an unfamiliar horse in the opened, especially around a foal. This guy is lucky he was just bitten.

aznred
09-14-2012, 12:07 AM
wow I'm a bit astonished by the observation you made there.

spdcyclist
09-14-2012, 05:44 AM
Your helmet probably scared the horse.:butt: Next time bring carrots...

tuscanyswe
09-14-2012, 06:13 AM
Jeez that would have scared me pretty good. What kind of bitemark did that leave you with?

GregL
09-14-2012, 06:47 AM
What's astonishing about it? His observation is completely appropriate. I suspect djg21 knows something about horses. Furthermore, those are feral horses which are all the more dangerous. It never ceases to amaze me when people are injured after approaching wild animals too closely. If you don't respect nature, it certainly won't respect you back...

verticaldoug
09-14-2012, 07:47 AM
I doubt they were feral horses. They are still relatively domesticated to let him get so close.

His arm is probablly really messed up. Horse bites are nasty affairs. It looked like the horse grab him pretty good, so he'll have a nice thick scar from the bite. I rather get bit by a dog then horse.

He's lucky it wasn't a stallion. He'd be on the ground getting stomped.

djg21
09-14-2012, 07:49 AM

I've seen the same behavior before up close. A mare owned by my father-in-law came after my golden retriever. My dogs were always around the horses and there never before had been an issue. Things changed when one became a mom was around her baby. Luckily, my dog saw it coming and ran fast.

They aren't feral -- they are healthy, well-groomed and and well fed. In fact, the chargng horse has hay in its mouth, and it looks like horses in the back left are eating from a hay feeder. You can't see the feeder, but there are horses standing around.

zap
09-14-2012, 09:33 AM
Smart horse.

More carrots and one sugar cube for her.

William
09-14-2012, 09:50 AM
Horse Behavior 101:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LlUc9CEcPI

Video of that dude getting bit...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkaJID2XHCY

William

maxdog
09-14-2012, 10:32 AM
smart horse.

More carrots and one sugar cube for her.

+1

tiretrax
09-14-2012, 10:51 AM
Typical of most peoples' lack of understanding of and respect for nature and agriculture. He's lucky he didn't get hurt worse.

pjm
09-14-2012, 03:19 PM
Cyclist -"Hey, why the long face?"
Horse - "Like I haven't heard that one before - CHOMP......"

Fixed
09-14-2012, 03:56 PM
Mr.Ed never did that

Cheers

firerescuefin
09-14-2012, 04:05 PM
I think the horse was a Rapha fan having a bad day.....That kit even made me angry.

twangston73
09-14-2012, 07:27 PM
Gee, it is hard to draw too many conclusions based on such a short video with no context, but even this city boy knows horse with crazy look in eye and pinned back ears = angry horse. That had to smart.

aznred
09-14-2012, 07:59 PM
I've seen the same behavior before up close. A mare owned by my father-in-law came after my golden retriever. My dogs were always around the horses and there never before had been an issue. Things changed when one became a mom was around her baby. Luckily, my dog saw it coming and ran fast.

They aren't feral -- they are healthy, well-groomed and and well fed. In fact, the chargng horse has hay in its mouth, and it looks like horses in the back left are eating from a hay feeder. You can't see the feeder, but there are horses standing around.

That's what I'm talking about right there. Careful observation and a logical explanation to follow up. I wasn't trying to be snarky in anyways, just genuinely astonished especially that I know absolutely nothing about horses. Hats off to you.

djg21
09-14-2012, 09:21 PM
That's what I'm talking about right there. Careful observation and a logical explanation to follow up. I wasn't trying to be snarky in anyways, just genuinely astonished especially that I know absolutely nothing about horses. Hats off to you.

I didn't think you were being snarky at all. :beer: