PDA

View Full Version : problem loading photos

velotel
09-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Attempted three, maybe four, times to day to upload photos. Maybe one in four would upload, the rest resulted in 'failure to upload' messages. Each time I just gave up after awhile.

merlinmurph
09-13-2012, 06:22 PM
Attempted three, maybe four, times to day to upload photos. Maybe one in four would upload, the rest resulted in 'failure to upload' messages. Each time I just gave up after awhile.

I find the best way to present photos here is to upload them to a service like photobucket and link to them. The size limit here is quite low for an upload, whereas you can link to any size photo.

I know you upload a lot and your riding stories have done more for French tourism than any ad, so maybe there's a temporary system issue.

Good luck and enjoy your ride,
Murph

Keith A
09-13-2012, 06:48 PM
Attempted three, maybe four, times to day to upload photos. Maybe one in four would upload, the rest resulted in 'failure to upload' messages. Each time I just gave up after awhile.Could you email me one of the photos that failed to load so I can check into this. Send this to webmaster@thepaceline.net

velotel
09-14-2012, 01:56 AM
problem on my end, me being dumb, stubbornly so.

roydyates
09-14-2012, 05:41 AM
problem on my end, me being dumb, stubbornly so.

It's good you solved it. Otherwise the forum would soon go into Alpine scenery withdrawal. :)

Keith A
09-14-2012, 06:56 AM
velotel -- Thanks for the update and I'm glad you figured it out.

oldpotatoe
09-14-2012, 08:15 AM
Could you email me one of the photos that failed to load so I can check into this. Send this to webmaster@thepaceline.net

Another picture upload question. Once you load a pic, cannot load the same one again w/o renaming it(?).

Keith A
09-14-2012, 08:27 AM
Another picture upload question. Once you load a pic, cannot load the same one again w/o renaming it(?).Correct, but you can reference this again using the image tags like this:
your URL goes here

Just like this...
http://forums.thepaceline.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=69565&d=1272374616

oldpotatoe
09-14-2012, 08:29 AM
Correct, but you can reference this again using the image tags like this:
your URL goes here

Just like this...
http://forums.thepaceline.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=69565&d=1272374616

Thanks, yep, I have just renamed it and it works great but as a 'puter idiot', wonder why ya need to rename it.

Keith A
09-14-2012, 08:36 AM
You don't need to rename it since it is already there, you can just reference the original one again. BTW, you can manage your own attachments by clicking on "User CP" in the left corner of the title bar and then at the bottom left, click on "Attachments" and you can see all your attachments.