PDA

View Full Version : The white light

Fixed
09-13-2012, 08:43 AM
I have been riding a trainer for the last week got off today went to my bench to do some stretching closed my eyes and there was the sun a bright white round light open my eyes and it was still there it went away after a few mintues ,
Anyone ever see that ? I went back to bed .. :)
Cheers

bagochips3
09-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Check this out: http://www.livestrong.com/article/372473-what-does-seeing-spots-colors-after-exercise-mean/. Relevant to your experience?

Fixed
09-13-2012, 10:19 AM
That's me
Thanks cheers

alessandro
09-13-2012, 11:56 AM
Dude... whatever you do, don't move toward the light. Stay here--it's not your time yet. ;)

Lewis Moon
09-13-2012, 12:02 PM
Dude... whatever you do, don't move toward the light. Stay here--it's not your time yet. ;)

Beat me.

zott28
09-13-2012, 12:55 PM
Just hope it's not migraine related.

eippo1
09-13-2012, 01:20 PM
Back when I rowed crew, I'd get tunnel vision that would constrict more and more as the sprint would go on. I remember one race where I went completely blind at the last 100 meters and then regained my sight as I was tossing my cookies overboard.

Fixed
09-13-2012, 01:39 PM

I have headaches most of the time
Cheers

William
09-13-2012, 01:46 PM
I would get something similar if I was dehydrated. Though I would describe them as bright little kaleidoscopes that would slowly get bigger. Then I would have to sit and drink. Luckily it doesn't happen to often unless I've had too much espresso and not enough water.

William

PS: I concur, Don't go into the light Butch!;)

Lewis Moon
09-13-2012, 02:19 PM
This would happen to me at about 4Gs pulling out of a spin a bit too quickly.

PS: It also happened cresting Molas Pass in the Durango/Silverton

bluesea
09-13-2012, 04:25 PM
There were two times where I came close to or had shallow water blackout , staying down too long while free-dive spearfishing. Both times I knew I was in trouble at about halfway up, and elected to clear the snorkel at the surface no matter what, and keep the mouth piece in place.

So I hit the surface, clear the snorkel, and vision goes black (or fireworks-like colors on black, depending on how you interpret it). Seems like there is a buzzy sound in the background, and the the brain is going crazy with needle sensations.

Vision came back slowly, and at that point I'm not sure if there was a complete unconscious period or not. All that at a vertical posture--feet down, head up, snorkel out, mouthpiece in place.

Also had *deeep* tunnel vision pushing too hard at altitude, where color turns almost b&w and like you're looking out the wrong end of a scope.

bikinchris
09-13-2012, 06:53 PM
I used to get that every time I did a 1K TT on the velodrome. At about 200 meters to go, I could hardly see the track anymore. Wish I was going fast enough to justify it!

jlyon
09-13-2012, 07:01 PM
All I have to do is climb the four flights of stairs as qucikly as I can to get to my office.

Then I close my eyes and see the white sun. I can even get it to move around at will as I move my eyes with my lids closed, but if I try to focus right on the bright white spot it slowly disappears to the top right of my darkened field of vision. It has become somewhat of a game to me and I really don't have to push myself that hard to get the fireball sighting.

aznred
09-14-2012, 03:35 AM
I get something similar with doing squats near last few reps on my last set sometimes. I get less of this when I focus on breathing better and having proper stretching before squatting. Not sure if that helps.

AgilisMerlin
09-14-2012, 05:14 AM

CVS - caffeine, aspirin, ibuprofen all mixed into one. works for me. only thing that does

oldpotatoe
09-14-2012, 08:04 AM
This would happen to me at about 4Gs pulling out of a spin a bit too quickly.

PS: It also happened cresting Molas Pass in the Durango/Silverton

At only 4Gs????

nancy

Phormer Phantom Phyler

dhorst
09-14-2012, 09:23 AM
@agilis... that's a potent and fast acting mix!