PDA

View Full Version : comeback

jr59
09-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Today I slipped on my Road ID dog tags for the first time since 7/3.

I am able to go for a walk now....:banana:

I know it's not much, but it's a start.

9 weeks down and 11 more to go! Come on weeks, this is killing me.

Fixed
09-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Good to hear ,glad you are on the road to getting better ,keep at it .it will make feel a lot better :)
Cheers

FlashUNC
09-10-2012, 05:55 PM
One day at a time. Thankfully my layoff was relatively short. But I'm still recovering.

Jason E
09-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Here too, and good to hear.

I'm 3 weeks back from getting hit June 2nd. Pelvis and leg on longer broken. Lungs and legs good. Rest of me sore and ache, but every day is better. Did 37.5 yesterday (slowly).

You'll be back. Soon.

eippo1
09-10-2012, 08:52 PM
Glad to hear that you're making a comeback. Hopefully it's relatively pain free.

MattTuck
09-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Pulling for you to get back to full health. It's hard, I'm sure. But you'll be back soon.

gomango
09-11-2012, 05:30 AM
When I crashed In April, the ER doc told me up to half a year for cracked ribs to really feel decent.

He was right.

The worst part though was the torn calf muscle.

I rode too early and didn't do anything good for it.

So my advice is take your time and for gosh sakes, don't push it right away.

Should work out well for you.

Good luck!

jr59
09-11-2012, 07:26 AM
Thanks guys.

I went out for a 20 min walk last night and it felt GREAT!

Wow, I sound like a newbe clyde,:eek:.
I'm just happy to be able to do something, that isn't watching TV, reading a book or playing on the net. I really do like you guys, but I long for the open road!

My shoulder is sore this morning, but nothing new there. What is great is that my legs are just the tiny bit sore and stiff. :banana::banana::banana: That is a 2 banana for sure.

I will keep doing what the Dr and my PT says I can do, and hope for the best.
Again THANKS to all here!

William
09-11-2012, 08:05 AM
Glad you're up and around big guy!! We'll get you back into sparring shape in no time!;)

William

oldpotatoe
09-11-2012, 08:07 AM
Today I slipped on my Road ID dog tags for the first time since 7/3.

I am able to go for a walk now....:banana:

I know it's not much, but it's a start.

9 weeks down and 11 more to go! Come on weeks, this is killing me.

Good for you. Walking sometimes in under rated.

LesMiner
09-11-2012, 08:15 AM
I have been where you are now. I had a serious crash in 2009. Stick with the recovery plan, the professionals will guide you. At times it will seem useless but keep at it. I too started with just walking. After 6 weeks I went to spin classes and stayed in the back. I did not try to follow the class. I just needed to get pedaling again in a safe enviroment. Besides it was a way to be out with friends and their support really helped in the recovery process. At 8 weeks I took my first ride of 20 miles on a flat route, no climbs. I did not try to push it much. My average speed was about 17 mph, better than I expected. At 12 weeks I made a ride of 72 miles. One big climb and 3 shorter steep ones. I had made a lot of progress. By that time I was at 90% or so. My confidence and thoughts of well being were greatly improved. The following Spring I was back to normal. Recovery goes in spurts. Progess just seems to come to a halt and then a break through. Keep positive, keep looking forward. Recovery is not a race just roll with the setbacks and keep at it.

firerescuefin
09-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Thanks guys.

I went out for a 20 min walk last night and it felt GREAT!

Wow, I sound like a newbe clyde,:eek:.
I'm just happy to be able to do something, that isn't watching TV, reading a book or playing on the net. I really do like you guys, but I long for the open road!

My shoulder is sore this morning, but nothing new there. What is great is that my legs are just the tiny bit sore and stiff. :banana::banana::banana: That is a 2 banana for sure.

I will keep doing what the Dr and my PT says I can do, and hope for the best.
Again THANKS to all here!

Glad to hear your healing up...extent of the injuries?...heard you've guy some nice bikes coming along.

jr59
09-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Glad to hear your healing up...extent of the injuries?...heard you've guy some nice bikes coming along.

I broke my shoulder blade 6 times and every rib on my left side!
They talked about surgery, but decided against it.

Funny thing is, I never felt my ribs at all. But not being able to lift my left arm at all is the hard part.

Yes, I have a few nice bikes in the works. SamIam was kind enough to sell me his Sachs and his Ellis. That and the ELOS Bianchi along with a new Ti rando Spectrum, you can see I want to ride BADLY!
Oh well, all things in time!