PDA

View Full Version : Cycle Oregon this week

tv_vt
09-09-2012, 09:34 PM
My brother in law is riding Cycle Oregon this week. This is the 25th running. Route looks like this:
Sunday (today):70 miles, 3800 ft climbing
Monday: 81 miles, 2600 ft
Tuesday: 61 miles, 3600 ft
Wednesday: 76 miles, 5800 ft
Thursday: 46 miles, 5000 ft
Friday: 65 miles, 5600 ft
Saturday: 64 miles, 2100 ft

Total: 462 miles, 28,000 ft climbing. Whew.

Anybody here doing it?

cnighbor1
09-09-2012, 10:06 PM
I did Cycle Oregon twice @nd year and fifth year
What I recall
1. all the portible toilets doors slaming shout wth a load bang starting at 5:30 am
2. Day when they decided to serve pancakes Make by one person hired to make them in his special 12 foot trailer He was so slow line was very long than I realized i could forget them and go to were rest of breakfast was being served and have a very nice breakfast sans pancakes
3. Coming in so tried and late, 4:30 pm that dinner was just being served I wash my face and hands, parked the bike and ate dinner Line for dinner was very short Yes!!
4 each morning you loaded your gear into one of five semi trailers I forgot a few times to note which one So at when I came in that eveing all the gear for each van was lined up behind each trialer ? was which trialer did i put my gear on took over 45 minutes to find mine
5 each nite after riders would get in It was off to nearest store to buy beer except me
6. A lost kitten at the edge of a very busy road No idea what to do
7. Has ride starts in Sept and many Oregons towns you stay overnite in are in bottom of valleys the temps in the morning were in hign 20's By noon in mid 80's started with forzen water bottles and very cold hands
8. a lot great roads to ride and climb

cnighbor1
09-09-2012, 10:17 PM
I did Cycle Oregon twice @nd year and fifth year
What I recall
1. all the portible toilets doors slaming shout wth a load bang starting at 5:30 am
2. Day when they decided to serve pancakes Make by one person hired to make them in his special 12 foot trailer He was so slow line was very long than I realized i could forget them and go to were rest of breakfast was being served and have a very nice breakfast sans pancakes
3. Coming in so tried and late, 4:30 pm that dinner was just being served I wash my face and hands, parked the bike and ate dinner Line for dinner was very short Yes!!
4 each morning you loaded your gear into one of five semi trailers I forgot a few times to note which one So at when I came in that eveing all the gear for each van was lined up behind each trialer ? was which trialer did i put my gear on took over 45 minutes to find mine
5 each nite after riders would get in It was off to nearest store to buy beer except me
6. A lost kitten at the edge of a very busy road No idea what to do
7. Has ride starts in Sept and many Oregons towns you stay overnite in are in bottom of valleys the temps in the morning were in hign 20's By noon in mid 80's started with forzen water bottles and very cold hands
8. a lot great roads to ride and climb