PDA

View Full Version : Dropped someone today!!

saab2000
10-03-2005, 05:52 PM
That felt great! Rode him right off my wheel. I was feeling surly. Caught him and tried to be civil and friendly. He accelerated thinking that he was cool.

Once in a while it is cool to turn on the afterburners just to be sure they are still there.

:beer:

I know, it wasn't nice. But it was fun! :D

shinomaster
10-03-2005, 05:56 PM
Oh, I used to love to dust jokers in Boston who would pass me without a smile or a nod or any form of friendliness.

Russ
10-03-2005, 08:07 PM
Oh, I used to love to dust jokers in Boston who would pass me without a smile or a nod or any form of friendliness.

This happens almost daily here in South Florida.... I have given up being a nice guy!

Too Tall
10-04-2005, 06:45 AM
This is going to be fun....Saab and TT...evil twins.

cs124
10-04-2005, 06:52 AM
<cut> I was feeling surly.

The best way to answer wanton impoliteness, IMHO :D .

Splendid job. :beer:

Big Dan
10-04-2005, 07:46 AM
2 questions....

What bike were you riding?
What bike was the fellow cyclist riding?

....... :p

Fixed
10-04-2005, 07:49 AM
Bro saab could dust most cyclist he comes across I would not want to get him mad on a ride i.m.h.o. cheers :beer:

saab2000
10-04-2005, 08:31 AM
I was riding my "slow" Merckx. The other guy was on a Trek.

Mr. Fixed is full of kind words. I am not a bad dude and I am usually slow. Don't know what got into me yesterday. But whatever it was made me fast for a few blocks.

It must have been my Veloflex Criteriums, which continue to defy reality and have not yet punctured, despite a season of abuse. The rear is getting pretty thin.

There, I have just jinxed myself. Gonna flat today.

Of course, it could also have been my boutique wheels or my Record groupset. Those things do after all make one much faster!!! ;)

Bruce Jacobs
10-04-2005, 08:50 AM
We usually get passed and don't think too much of it since we aren't very fast, but every once in a while we have our day. There is one stretch on our usually route where we can feel we are going fast and can move along at 20+ without much of a problem (as opposed to 14-15). There is a merge in the road where we come up a long upgrade and the other road is flat at that point and a lot of riders will be pushing the big ring. I can usually tell by the cadence if we can catch them after they blow by with a wave . Big ring and long gear at 60 is not a match for 95 and the small ring especially since the road has another grade. We catch 'em and latch on and boy are they surprised especially when I ask if they want us to pull.

coylifut
10-04-2005, 10:51 AM
...not long ago I heard the sound of a free wheel behind me as I was pedaling down a 6% grade that descends into a not so deep river valley. On the flat part of the bridge, the guy went flying past me in full tri geek regalia. We are talking sleeveless skin suit and a Cervelo P whatever. BTW, it's too cold for a sleeveless anything and I'm wearing arm and leg warmers. So as the guy goes past me I attempt to exchange pleasantries and not a word, not wave only a disdainful glance. I thought, "now that wasn't nice," the guy sucks my wheel for a quarter of a mile and then blows by me without a thankyou. Coming out of the valley is a mile long hill at about 3%. I just let him go and would have continued, but when he gets about 15 seconds on me, he looks back. That's it, I take the bait, closed the gap and went by him at about 25 mph. He actually sprints to get on my wheel, but couldn't hold it. When I reached my turn off at the top, I'd put a lot of distance on him.

I felt dirty.

Ahneida Ride
10-04-2005, 11:06 AM
I love it ! ;)

Sandy
10-04-2005, 11:35 AM
I dropped Kevan recently! 20,000 feet, 747, no parachute, lot of fun.... :)

Sick Sandy

shinomaster
10-04-2005, 01:30 PM
...not long ago I heard the sound of a free wheel behind me as I was pedaling down a 6% grade that descends into a not so deep river valley. On the flat part of the bridge, the guy went flying past me in full tri geek regalia. We are talking sleeveless skin suit and a Cervelo P whatever. BTW, it's too cold for a sleeveless anything and I'm wearing arm and leg warmers. So as the guy goes past me I attempt to exchange pleasantries and not a word, not wave only a disdainful glance. I thought, "now that wasn't nice," the guy sucks my wheel for a quarter of a mile and then blows by me without a thankyou. Coming out of the valley is a mile long hill at about 3%. I just let him go and would have continued, but when he gets about 15 seconds on me, he looks back. That's it, I take the bait, closed the gap and went by him at about 25 mph. He actually sprints to get on my wheel, but couldn't hold it. When I reached my turn off at the top, I'd put a lot of distance on him.

I felt dirty.

More Dirty than after Sunday?? Ha hah aha ha ha...

coylifut
10-04-2005, 01:34 PM
More Dirty than after Sunday?? Ha hah aha ha ha...

then, dirty on the inside, clean on the outside

sunday, dirty on the outside, pure as the driven snow on the inside