PDA

View Full Version : Advice: Short and wide

tch
09-08-2012, 08:26 PM
OK... we've probably gone here before, but I need advice for jerseys. I'm 5'8", 170 lbs, and built like a barrel. Sometimes I get lucky and get a really good jersey...but a lot of the time I'm wearing garbage bags or squeezers. Seems like every time I find a good fit, I can't buy another like it.

So, speaking generically, anyone got a company/fit to recommend -- especially in the luxo fabrics? I wanted to like the Road Holland jersey I just bought...but it falls to my crotch with no real elastic. In the old days, I liked Pearl Izumi, but it seems they may have adjusted their fit, and now they have full-length zippers on a lot, which screws up the drape.

Suggestions?

djg21
09-08-2012, 08:50 PM
OK... we've probably gone here before, but I need advice for jerseys. I'm 5'8", 170 lbs, and built like a barrel. Sometimes I get lucky and get a really good jersey...but a lot of the time I'm wearing garbage bags or squeezers. Seems like every time I find a good fit, I can't buy another like it.

So, speaking generically, anyone got a company/fit to recommend -- especially in the luxo fabrics? I wanted to like the Road Holland jersey I just bought...but it falls to my crotch with no real elastic. In the old days, I liked Pearl Izumi, but it seems they may have adjusted their fit, and now they have full-length zippers on a lot, which screws up the drape.

Suggestions?

Any "club fit" jersey should work if you know your size. Try voler.com

tele
09-09-2012, 08:15 AM

Suggestions?

what size did you get from Road Holland? I am a little smaller than you in both measurements and I really like the way a small from Road Holland fits.