PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes vacations are good...

Wayne77
09-07-2012, 03:49 PM
"You don't say..." is what you're thinking. No, not vacation-vacations, I mean vacations from something you're passionate about. In this case road biking. Not long ones, just short ones - enough time to be away for a bit, come back and realize what you've taken for granted.

I've done a ton of mtn biking this summer - really enjoy that and always will. I haven't been on my road bike for a month. Went for a ride today on my Argon-18 Gallium Pro.

Wow! Like an old flame re-kindled - the beautiful hum of those skinny tires on smooth buttery asphalt. Efficiency. (not usually a term that comes to mind on my mtb), that wonderful tucked in feeling when you can rotate hips forward and get that nice flat back, wieght over the front wheel..mmmmm...I even like the little kick in the butt you get when you're powering in the saddle and you hit a bump in the road with that momentary sense of your rear wheel loosing contact for a millisecond....plush is overrated. Ahhhhhhhhh, why did I ever leave you sweet roadbike!

There, just had to get that out. That's all I have to say for today

MattTuck
09-07-2012, 03:53 PM
I hear you man. I did a ride maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago. About 15 or 20 miles of crappy dirt road on my road bike, when it transitioned to pavement near the end of the ride, it was bliss.