PDA

View Full Version : Two oddities from this weekend.

Tom
10-03-2005, 04:55 AM
I'm on the bike path leaving town and I see a rider coming toward me. I think that it is unusual to see a person riding with a turban on their head. As the man passes I realize he has his helmet on backwards. I wonder if he has a strangely shaped head and it's more comfortable that way?

Then I'm riding in Rte 146 across the Aqueduct bridge. It's a grade down to it so I hit the bridge going something between 25 and 30. A couple cars pass, it's a narrow lane, and then I hear something behind me. I glance back, something big and white is hanging back and as I keep going I think maybe they want to turn right at the light where I go straight up the hill. I keep the pace up and sure enough I go straight, they turn. Instead of passing me and cutting me off, they waited. After I clear the intersection I give them a wave of appreciation, look back and the driver of the semi from the Price Chopper supermarket returns the acknowledgement.

He knew that I knew that he knew what he was doing. Good stuff.

The Spider
10-03-2005, 05:10 AM
We knew this guy who used to deliberately do stupid things, one day he turned up at the 6 o'clock (morning) training ride with his helmet on backwards, no one figured it out until the sun started to rise!

You could see everyone's puzzled look as they figured it out.

We were all to polite to say anything of course.

I once saw a guy in the pack ride with his shorts inside out!

Getting dressed isn't that hard is it???? :)