PDA

View Full Version : WTB/WTT: 54-56 Carbon Road Frame(Parlee,BMC,Cervelo,Colnago,ETC)

benv
09-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Looking for a solid, fast, race-worthy carbon road frame with or without a fork. Not really interested in the comfort/smoothness of the bike, this bike will be for speed only!

I am interested in something from the builders of but not limited to:

- Cervelo
- BMC
- Colnago
- Parlee
- Cannondale

Definitely looking for something lightly used and in good shape but not brand new as I am not looking to spend a fortune here. Hoping that someone might let something go for a good price for a frame that needs to see the road.

Need something with a top tube no longer than 56cm and nothing shorter than 54.5cm. All other measurements are pretty flexible for me but nothing to wacky.

This will be my first carbon frame so I want it to really blow me out of the water and appreciate what this material has to offer.

Regarding a trade for this frame, if anyone is interested in a brand new in box 56 Caad10 in the team/Liquigas color scheme we can work out a trade plus cash on my end.

Also, If you have something special, say a Cervelo R3, I would also me up to figure out a trade for my Moots Compact frame. Here is a link to the the bike:

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=114181

Let me know.

benitosan1972
09-06-2012, 09:05 AM
There's alot of local guys who race on the frames that you already own (CAAD Cannondale & Moots)... if you were at the GiroSF you would've seen them. You own two great frames already, but I don't blame you for being curious about carbon... good luck with the sale or trade though, but maybe try building the CAAD and try racing on it?

oldpotatoe
09-06-2012, 09:28 AM
Looking for a solid, fast, race-worthy carbon road frame with or without a fork. Not really interested in the comfort/smoothness of the bike, this bike will be for speed only!

I am interested in something from the builders of but not limited to:

- Cervelo
- BMC
- Colnago
- Parlee
- Cannondale

Definitely looking for something lightly used and in good shape but not brand new as I am not looking to spend a fortune here. Hoping that someone might let something go for a good price for a frame that needs to see the road.

Need something with a top tube no longer than 56cm and nothing shorter than 54.5cm. All other measurements are pretty flexible for me but nothing to wacky.

This will be my first carbon frame so I want it to really blow me out of the water and appreciate what this material has to offer.

Regarding a trade for this frame, if anyone is interested in a brand new in box 56 Caad10 in the team/Liquigas color scheme we can work out a trade plus cash on my end.

Also, If you have something special, say a Cervelo R3, I would also me up to figure out a trade for my Moots Compact frame. Here is a link to the the bike:

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=114181

Let me know.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Full-Carbon-3K-Road-Bike-Bicycle-frame-and-fork-/160878192059

If all ya want is a race bike.....

nismosr
09-06-2012, 09:30 AM
will you be insterested on a 2010 Look 595 size Medium ?

glennvet
09-06-2012, 09:32 AM
Sent a pm.

jonnyBgood
09-06-2012, 10:46 AM
You Sir have a PM

56cm 2010 Specialized SL3 S-Works Tarmac (Team Astana Paint scheme) frame, fork, headset and seatpost

55cm 2013 Orbea Orca Gold (waiting on BRAND NEW frame set for replacement so whatever color) frame, fork, headset and seat post

illuminaught
09-06-2012, 11:23 AM
lol... how fast do you get over your bikes?

veloduffer
09-06-2012, 11:26 AM
I would add Blue Competition to your list of candidates - they're bikes have a racing geo. They're a US based company that has their frames manufactured in China. They have strong presence in the Southeast racing scene and they sponsor Jonathon Page, who had a hand in the design of their cyclocross bike.

jonjones13
09-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Parlee Z5? Pm me if interested
I'd trade for the Compact too

EmoryDPTT
09-06-2012, 01:54 PM
I have 2 frames in your size:
2012 Colnago M10 size 50s with an effective top tube of 53.7cm- $3300
2010 pinarello prince size 53 with 54.5 cm top tube- $1700
Prices include shipping.
Let me know if I can help.

rbtmcardle
09-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Meivici? 56cm top tube.. incredible.

mack
09-06-2012, 04:49 PM
This will blow you away....but not blow a hole in your wallet.
Excellent condition-solid preforming frameset, tt=56cm c-c.
$900 shipped CONUS.
Need to start cleaning house. More pics available.
cheers -mack

ultraman6970
09-06-2012, 09:41 PM
What year is that fondriest?

benv
09-07-2012, 02:05 AM
lol... how fast do you get over your bikes?

I know I know, but why not try out all of your dream bikes so you can stop wondering about them. There are definitely a couple frames I have that I will never sell but its all part of all of cycling. It may also be my extreme indecisiveness also.

Thanks everyone for all of the PM's and comments regarding the spectacular rigs you have to offer. Letting this all soak in and researching my options and will get back to some of you very, very soon.

This is such a ****ing awesome place.

mack
09-07-2012, 09:47 AM
What year is that fondriest?

Year of manufacture....2004, lugged carbon frame, purchased new from CC, came to me complete bike-mint, I'm the second owner, top tube @56cm is a wee long for me these days.

LouDeeter
09-07-2012, 11:08 AM
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=107161&highlight=trek+madone

This 56 Madone 5.9SL is still available. Includes fork and headset, excellent condition.

zachary
09-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Not sure what level racer you are, but to echo what Bennett said you may want to seriously consider racing your CAAD10. The day I break my Canyon (again) will be the day I get a CAAD9/10 to train and race on.

T.J.
09-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Not sure what level racer you are, but to echo what Bennett said you may want to seriously consider racing your CAAD10. The day I break my Canyon (again) will be the day I get a CAAD9/10 to train and race on.

+1. A caad9 took me from cat5 to cat2. I prefer my speedvagen over my madone. It aint about the bike (but i think you know that)

ultraman6970
09-07-2012, 04:40 PM
+1... if you or dad are sponsoring the races I wouldnt race in carbon. Besides in a race nobody will care because once tired no matter how light or aero the wheels are, sure the bike will weight like 5 tons.

THats the reason years ago many racers were using veloce in their racing bikes. The other factor is that the caad is famous for being a fast bike.

Did you crash the canyon?? how in the world did you get one of those bikes in here? Darn germans refuse to send bikes here...!!!!