PDA

View Full Version : OT: Anyone else getting excited about the Orioles?

laupsi
09-05-2012, 08:34 AM
Sorry, couldn't help myself. Been a Baltimore fan my entire life and almost forgot what it feels like to win. :hello: Less than 30 games left and unless there's a complete melt down, suppose anything is possible, right BoSox Fans?, the O's have got a legitimate shot at going to the playoffs.

tuxbailey
09-05-2012, 09:29 AM
And the Orioles was my favorite team ever since I came to the US. I loved watching baseball when I lived in South America and really enjoyed Cal's streak.

However, the various strike really soured my enthusiasm and somehow baseball lost me and I went to faster paced sports (basketball, football.)

sc53
09-05-2012, 09:46 AM
But very excited about the NATS!!!

rugbysecondrow
09-05-2012, 09:51 AM
I grew up a Cubs fan and adopted the down and out Orioles when I moved here in 2004, so it is fair to say I have had few years of winning teams to root for. I love watching the O's play well, they have heart, play hard and they seem to have just gotten better and stronger as the season progressed. The Oriole's are a franchise which should make the MLB proud. It was sad that such a franchise with a history of winning had become losers for so long, but that trend s being reversed.

A pennant race, September battle is always fun and I think the race between the O's, Rays and Yankees will be a good one.

ctcyclistbob
09-05-2012, 10:06 AM
Yes.

I'm a Red Sox fan and the Sox aren't going anywhere this year, except to the golf course, so it's very cool to see a different team in there.

Especially if they can BEAT THE YANKEES !!!

laupsi
09-05-2012, 10:07 AM
got tickets this Sat to see the O's play the Bombers of NY. Can't wait to see. This is a very volatile batting lineup the O's currently have and w/the added depth to the pitching staff, hey Magic does happen.

laupsi
09-05-2012, 10:08 AM
And the Orioles was my favorite team ever since I came to the US. I loved watching baseball when I lived in South America and really enjoyed Cal's streak.

However, the various strike really soured my enthusiasm and somehow baseball lost me and I went to faster paced sports (basketball, football.)

never been a B-Ball or Football strike?

tuxbailey
09-05-2012, 10:23 AM
never been a B-Ball or Football strike?

Yeah, I guess I don't really love baseball as much as I thought even thought I actually played it vs. just watching like other sports.

But I do like to watch the playoff and WS from time to time because that is when everyone raise their games to another level.

It is a shame to not be able to watch Strasburg pitch in the playoffs. Hopefully he will have that chance in the future.

sevencyclist
09-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Yeah, I guess I don't really love baseball as much as I thought even thought I actually played it vs. just watching like other sports.

But I do like to watch the playoff and WS from time to time because that is when everyone raise their games to another level.

It is a shame to not be able to watch Strasburg pitch in the playoffs. Hopefully he will have that chance in the future.

Why can't Strasburg pitch? Is he injured?

Rada
09-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Why can't Strasburg pitch? Is he injured?

They have him on something like a 160 inning limit since his return from injury this season. Don't care for the O's, but if they or anyone else can knock NY out of the playoffs good on them.

GO REDS!!

g00dride
09-05-2012, 08:19 PM
The Nats are my team now, but I have to say I'm excited for the O's. It's been a long (14 years or so) time coming. The line-up of remaining games couldn't be more dramatic. Nats and the O's, who would have thought?

maunahaole
09-05-2012, 08:40 PM
I like having beers on the street from Pickles.

rice rocket
09-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Go Pirates?

schwa86
09-06-2012, 05:25 AM
Now if only they'd bring back Earl Weaver!

Ray
09-06-2012, 06:38 AM
I've been a serious fan of three MLB teams in my lifetime - the Orioles in my youth (which covers all of the great teams from the mid-60s through early 70's up through Ripkin's early years and one WS win), the Mariners through the 80's and early '90s (terrible era but did get to see the early days of Junior), and the Phillies for the last 20 years. The Phils had too many problems this year, the Mariners are still the Mariners, so, sure, I'll pull for the O's as far as it goes.

I've got no love for the Nats and I don't expect them to go far without Strasburg. I'd sort of love to see Atlanta do something just as a great send-off for Chipper, but they're just not good enough. I'll quietly hope the O's get to the post-season and then, if they do, I'll get to know the team a lot better and pull for them as far as they go. Not that I expect a lot from them, but then I don't know who I DO expect to see much from - not a clear favorite this year. Nobody's been dominant and the way the Phils and Yanks have gotten tossed out early in the post season the last couple of years, there's not a whole lot of currency to being dominant anyway. Makes for a great regular season, but anyone can beat anyone in a five game series, and usually does.

-Ray

victoryfactory
09-06-2012, 07:07 AM
...I've always thought a great color combo for a bike would
be based on the O's away uniforms.

Very Light Pearl grey (or pearl white) with electric orange graphics/highlights, black outlines.

If the yanks don't make it, I'll root for the O's, yo

VF