PDA

View Full Version : Floyd Fairness Fund

christian
09-05-2012, 05:46 AM
In the recent threads about the USADA proceedings against Lance Armstrong, a number of people have referenced the "Floyd Fairness Fund" and the restitution that Landis has agreed to pay to avoid being charged with wire fraud.

A number of posters have expressed that they don't believe any of Landis's charges against Mr. Armstrong, because of his initial solicitation of funds to fight his doping charge.

For those of you who donated to the "Floyd Fairness Fund," can I ask what the original motivation was? Did you think he was innocent of the charges? And correspondingly, do you think Armstrong doped?

Nooch
09-05-2012, 07:11 AM
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/sep/01/commentary-curious-intersection-lance-and-landis/?page=1#article

schneiderrd
09-05-2012, 02:31 PM
Yeah I did believe Landis based on the sloppy record keeping and sample number changes that occurred at the French testing lab. Being a lab rat myself, I understand the concept of “chain of custody” which was being challenged. Much of the information that was presented at that time indicated that there was a mix up in the sample numbers of Landis’ samples. In addition, I seem to remember that when Landis finally came clean, what he admitted to using was not the testosterone found by the French lab. I may be wrong about that as it has been a long time. And yes, I want my money back!.

With respect to Armstrong, I don't really care as pretty much everyone was doping in those days and it was a long time ago. I think it has been a waste of tax payers money to keep on with this thing. come on guys/gals, the national debt is over $16 trillion and we have to blow our money on this crap?

54ny77
09-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Photos now being leaked by anonymous sources of the French lab who did the drug testing. The below photo was Armstrong test protocol circa '99.

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/12/53/04/2797878/9/628x471.jpg

CunegoFan
09-05-2012, 02:43 PM
I find it hilarious that people believed Landis. One of his early arguments was that it did not make sense for him to take testosterone because it would not have helped. That was just an outrageously stupid claim, like denying water is wet. The reasons Joe Papp was roped into the proceedings by USADA was to testify that, yes, testosterone is widely used by cyclists.

I liked Landis, still do. Perhaps that is because I never believed him in the first place. I saw the arbitration as a big comedy and the joke was on those who fell for the "fairness" stuff. There is a parallel going on right now with Armstrong. The owner of Slowtwitch sounds just like those who used the fairness canard for Landis.

djg21
09-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Photos now being leaked by anonymous sources of the French lab who did the drug testing. The below photo was Armstrong test protocol circa '99.

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/12/53/04/2797878/9/628x471.jpg

They eat Freedom Fries in France?:)

54ny77
09-05-2012, 02:47 PM
In addition to traces of EPO, they found high concentrations of saturated fats and salt, all common to fast food interestingly enough. The lab at the time termed the condition, "Chrishornerosis."

They eat Freedom Fries in France?:)

christian
09-05-2012, 03:57 PM
I liked Landis, still do. Perhaps that is because I never believed him in the first place. I saw the arbitration as a big comedy and the joke was on those who fell for the "fairness" stuff.Yeah, perhaps I've been around cycling too long, but that was my take as well. In the days of Omerta, professing one's innocence seemed to simply be a required bit of Kabuki theatre. The fairness fund was a dumb idea, no doubt, because it exposed him to criminal penalties, but on the face of it, I never found his denials any more offensive (nor any more plausible) than the tainted ox tale.