PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else with this problem

Chief
10-01-2005, 04:44 PM
Today there has been a number of links in various postings. When I click on the link, I am thrown out of Internet Explorer instead of going to the sight. Is anyone else experiencing this problem, or is just me? :crap: This doesn't happen when I am not on this forum.

William
10-01-2005, 05:43 PM
Today there has been a number of links in various postings. When I click on the link, I am thrown out of Internet Explorer instead of going to the sight. Is anyone else experiencing this problem, or is just me? :crap: This doesn't happen when I am not on this forum.

FWIW,
I don't know what it causing the problem you're having, but I would highly suggest that you switch to Firefox. I've had no problems since I switched.

William

Serotta PETE
10-01-2005, 05:52 PM

No problem from home but once in awhile I have the problem at a cafe or hotel that has wireless.

- What Microsoft operating system (2000, XP, 98, etc) are you using?
- Also What level of Internet Explorer.
- Latest packages
- Spyware tools running...

ie many things can cause glitches.

Good policy (but still not 100%) is to get latest updates from Microsoft.com. and install at least quarterly.

Pete

CSIRider
10-01-2005, 05:57 PM
I agree with William - use Firefox. I had the same problem, gave a couple hundred bucks to Computer Geeks to no avail, and on advice of my brother-in-law switched to the extremely-easy-to-download Firefox and haven't had any problems since.

Serpico
10-01-2005, 07:18 PM
firefox

:beer:

stackie
10-01-2005, 11:36 PM
Try Safari! OK, sure you'd probably have to buy a new computer if you're in the 95% majority of users. But, I assure you that you'd have less problems!

Jon

Ahneida Ride
10-02-2005, 10:42 AM
Thats why its called Internet Exploder !

William
10-02-2005, 06:23 PM
Try Safari! OK, sure you'd probably have to buy a new computer if you're in the 95% majority of users. But, I assure you that you'd have less problems!

Jon

I have Safari, and I still use Firefox more often. :beer:

William

sc53
10-02-2005, 09:07 PM
I clicked on the "Hurt by an accident" thread only to be rejected! I don't think it has to do with my web browser though. I guess that whole bizarre theme story that entertained me for a week is over. Sad.