PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Lake CX 331s?

kohlboto
09-01-2012, 06:13 PM
I'm contemplating a Lake CX 331 (Speedplay specific) purchase but I would like to hear any feedback on them especially in regards to fit. According to the Lake website I would fit a 45 which seems pretty small. For comparison, I am very comfortable in a Sidi 46.5...
Any thoughts or perspectives would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Jay

ofcounsel
09-01-2012, 06:27 PM
I'm about to buy a set myself, I have them on order. I have two other pairs of Lakes, an old pair of CX220,s and a newish pair MX330's. In just about every other shoe, including Sidi's and Specialized, wear a 44. In Lakes, I wear a 43.

Elefantino
09-01-2012, 06:27 PM
I'm contemplating a Lake CX 331 (Speedplay specific) purchase but I would like to hear any feedback on them especially in regards to fit. According to the Lake website I would fit a 45 which seems pretty small. For comparison, I am very comfortable in a Sidi 46.5...
Any thoughts or perspectives would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Jay
I wore a 47 in Sidi and bought a pair of 47s in Lake CX236, the lower-end model. The problem wasn't length, it was width. Lakes run wider.

kohlboto
09-01-2012, 06:37 PM
I'm about to buy a set myself, I have them on order. I have two other pairs of Lakes, an old pair of CX220,s and a newish pair MX330's. In just about every other shoe, including Sidi's and Specialized, wear a 44. In Lakes, I wear a 43.

Hmm, so going down a size seems legit. Are you getting yours through Ribble?

kohlboto
09-01-2012, 06:38 PM
I wore a 47 in Sidi and bought a pair of 47s in Lake CX236, the lower-end model. The problem wasn't length, it was width. Lakes run wider.

I'm okay with extra width...if anything the was becoming an issue with the sidi...

ofcounsel
09-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Hmm, so going down a size seems legit. Are you getting yours through Ribble?

No, I'm just going ahead and ordering them from my local bike shop. They had stopped stocking them last year some time, but the distributior is now starting to have them in again. It should be another week or so before they come in.

My MX330's have the Boa system, which I really like, so I'm finally upgrading my road shoes after almost 8 years!