PDA

View Full Version : bad luck in 4's?

csm
09-01-2012, 02:05 PM
not remotely superstitious but why is it I can have season after season with no flats, etc and then have 4 "incidents" within 10 days?
first I get a rear flat but luckily at the end of the ride.
then I was putting air in another bike's tires and notice the sidewall cut and the tube bulging through.
then I fix the first flat and reinstall the wheel. I didn't notice that in my haste I hit the brake pad hard enough to move it. next ride I can hear a generator noise and feel drag... I swear it's my front wheel but when I stop and spin it nothing.... I figure it's hitting the fork (f1) when there's weight on it (maybe I've gained some weight?) so I let air out to see if it is any better... it seems to be but no... end of ride I notice the brake shoe in the rear against the tire.....
then today... front spoke pops just before mile 2. and there is not enough room in the fork to clear the tire with the wheel out of true.
other than the flat, I guess you could say the other issues are simply missed errors and maintenance.
tomorrow's ride will be on a front tubular. it is good to have multiple bikes and wheel sets.