PDA

View Full Version : Lemond Trainers

beungood
10-01-2005, 10:51 AM
Anyone on the list have experience with Lemond Trainers?

spiderman
10-01-2005, 12:01 PM
in a bike shop...marshall, minnesota.
...having never tried a fixed gear...
...it gave me an idea of what that might be like
and one of the smoothest spins ever!
1k price tag was kinda high,
but there are a couple websites
that offer them for $600.
...the shipping is a killer!

Ken Robb
10-01-2005, 12:25 PM
my LBS loves them--I tried one briefly and it was very good, if you like that sort of thing. The good news: you can exactly replicate your position on your regular bike.
The bad news: It takes quite a bit of time to adjust so it's inconvenient for more than one user.

JasonF
10-01-2005, 12:42 PM
I love my Lemond "Revmaster" and find it superior to the Schwinn-badged spin bikes in a lot of gyms. Very smooth operation and built like a tank. I recently installed the Pilot, which tracks cadence, current speed, HR, distance, etc...The first unit I installed didn't work properly, and Lemond customer service Fedex'd a new unit to me that works just fine. This sounds crazy, but I like spinning in my home gym with some Spinerval DVD's almost as much as riding outdoors! I installed some Look pedals so that my road shoes are compatible with the Lemond.

Here's a pic of the Revmaster in my basement gym:

jeffhall
10-01-2005, 08:45 PM
ride it some, but not into riding indoors that much. It is un-believable smooth! My wife loves it and is riding it more and more in place of running on a treadmill, she loves that sort of thing!

Jason, I also had alot of trouble witht the Pilot. It took me 3 before finding one that worked right. The CS guy actually had to take it out and make sure it worked before shipping it to me.

The service is AWESOME and the Revmaster is VERY, VERY high quality. Buy this if you like to spin or ride a trainer and have feedback. This is the best available!