PDA

View Full Version : Tournesol at Interbike

dauwhe
09-30-2005, 09:17 AM
Velonews has a photo of a carbon fiber Tournesol at Interbike:

http://www.velonews.com/tech/report/articles/8980.0.html

(go to the bottom of the page).

Oddly, the caption reads "MADE TO ORDER: Parlee produces some frames for other builders, including this touring model for Hampsten"

I guess if it's not a racing bike, it must be a touring bike!

This looks like the same bike on the Tournesol website, that's also made an appearance in the custom gallery here.

Do I need to add that this bike is really cool!

dirtdigger88
09-30-2005, 09:25 AM
not many racing bikes with fenders out there-

these are nice- not so much because they are carbon- but rather the attention to the details-

dirt likes this carbon bike

I know e-richie already posted the link- but I like this bike as well

Jason

jpw
09-30-2005, 11:25 AM
Velonews has a photo of a carbon fiber Tournesol at Interbike:

http://www.velonews.com/tech/report/articles/8980.0.html

(go to the bottom of the page).

Oddly, the caption reads "MADE TO ORDER: Parlee produces some frames for other builders, including this touring model for Hampsten"

I guess if it's not a racing bike, it must be a touring bike!

This looks like the same bike on the Tournesol website, that's also made an appearance in the custom gallery here.

Do I need to add that this bike is really cool!

Regarding the raffle result. OK I might be a 'bad loser', but this is almost too good to be true. So the winner just happened to be there in person AND has a previous business association with Davis Phinney. Umm, wheels within wheels!

Dr. Doofus
09-30-2005, 12:32 PM
I know e-richie already posted the link- but I like this bike as well

Jason

SyCips are nice nice bikes...they were on the list along with rock lobster before the wife put her (petite, yet metaphorically powerful) foot down...

rode with some san fran cats this summer (wife and I had to get another shalimar fix) who really liked theirs...they dropped the good-descending doof like a friggin rock coming down that stupidass hill across the golden gate bridge, so the geo must be pretty decent....

pretty welds and nice detailing...the brothers SyCip do good work

Serpico
09-30-2005, 11:44 PM
finally, Dirt posts a photo that doesn't make me quickly check over my shoulder or worry I'll get fired :p

But boss, it was a bike forum

"And the woman in S&M gear on your computer screen... care to explain that?"

shaq-d
10-01-2005, 01:20 AM
Regarding the raffle result. OK I might be a 'bad loser', but this is almost too good to be true. So the winner just happened to be there in person AND has a previous business association with Davis Phinney. Umm, wheels within wheels!

in other words, he probably bought a boatload of tickets. nothing fishy to me.

sd

dave thompson
10-01-2005, 09:44 AM
I would also imagine that a lot of industry insiders and people with some sort of association with Davis Phinney were more than likely to buy tickets to benefit an associate and a friend. The drawing was held at Interbike which is an 'insiders' event, so it would be likely if a lot of 'insiders' bought tickets and happen to be at a 'trade-only' bike show, the winner just might be in attendence when the winning ticket was drawn. Think?

dirtdigger88
10-01-2005, 09:49 AM
there ya go dave- using them smarts again. stop it and go ride-

the wheels rock- thanks

Jason