Fixed
08-26-2012, 06:41 AM
I am buttoning down the hatches and not coming out untill it all blows by
Cheers :)

Lewis Moon
08-26-2012, 06:58 AM

You're talking about the convention, right?

Elefantino
08-26-2012, 07:04 AM
Nah. It would have to make a hard turn to the right to hit you.

Oh. Wait a minute.

Fixed
08-26-2012, 07:21 AM
Isaac , but traffic is terrible when mrs fixed and I went out yesterday .
Conventioneers do not know how to drive very well they run red lights like crazy ,
I would have put my black hood I wear when I ride with mrs fixed but I thought the s.s. would stop us if I did .
Cheers

oldpotatoe
08-26-2012, 07:35 AM

You mean on November 5th?

zap
08-26-2012, 08:53 AM
Conventioneers do not know how to drive very well they run red lights like crazy ,

Cheers

D.C. moved south for a few day's.

Ralph
08-26-2012, 09:43 AM
Just rain here. Had to cut short my ride this AM. Drain pool down a little. Clean out some gutters....just getting ready for more rain. It's sure good for the grass and water table. Florida needs storms to keep water available for our wasteful use.

jr59
08-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Nope, It looks like Katrina all over again. On the same day! Landing in almost the same place!

Yes I am worried!

harryblack
08-26-2012, 03:23 PM
I was in town for all of Debby and I'd rather Debby do Tampa (& St Pete) than Isaac + you-know-how... I went for a run at Treasure Island on one of the dry-ish Debby days, pretty wild to see all the flooding and damage at Pass-a-Grille. High high water up at Tarpon was pretty crazy too.

Fixed
08-26-2012, 03:29 PM
I swim on Fridays at pass-a-grille
Mrs fixed and I go there every week
I hope the beach does not wash away
Cheers

harryblack
08-26-2012, 03:39 PM
Awesome, Fixed... We've probably passed each other at some point-- during my jillion different loops of Gulf Blvd one way + Pinellas Trail the other...

I did the St Pete Beach 5K running race that Friday after Debby; happily, the sands held up pretty well there. Hope nobody gets whacked with Isaac!

I swim on Fridays at pass-a-grille
Mrs fixed and I go there every week
I hope the beach does not wash away
Cheers

firerescuefin
08-26-2012, 04:46 PM
Fixed and HB...keep your heads down. Used to do the 7am St Pete ride to Pass-a-grille followed up the by training ride.

Still make it out there a couple times a year and have lot of guys I raced with still riding around there. Fixed is an Icon...would love to share a beer despite occasional POV differences.

My inlaws are in Destin...they seem to be in the crosshairs..but that can change any minute.

monkey1
08-26-2012, 04:57 PM
:)

sg8357
08-26-2012, 05:26 PM
The RNC has hired Michael D. Brown to take of the hurricane problem.
You guys in Tampa are perfectly safe, no better guy than Brownie
for handling chaos and divine retribution.

Fixed
08-26-2012, 05:27 PM
Fixed and HB...keep your heads down. Used to do the 7am St Pete ride to Pass-a-grille followed up the by training ride.

Still make it out there a couple times a year and have lot of guys I raced with still riding around there. Fixed is an Icon...would love to share a beer despite occasional POV differences.

My inlaws are in Destin...they seem to be in the crosshairs..but that can change any minute.

Cool brew sounds like fun anytime you are in town
Cheers

Keith A
08-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Hey Fixed and others. We have vacationed many times in Pass-A-Grille beach and love it down there. That is were I helped rescue those people in the Gulf this summer (although one of them later died).

Fixed
08-26-2012, 07:18 PM
Hey Fixed and others. We have vacationed many times in Pass-A-Grille beach and love it down there. That is were I helped rescue those people in the Gulf this summer (although one of them later died).
I will serach for the thread I would like to read about that .
Saving a life nothing could more important than that .
Next time you are there I would be proud to buy you a beer or a cup of coffee ,at the hurricane ,brass monkey or the coffee shop or anywhere else . The sunsets there are some of the best anywhere .
Cheers

Keith A
08-26-2012, 08:50 PM
Here you go Fixed...(not trying to toot my own horn)
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=111922

Yes, I would love to get together the next time we are over there...although a soda will have to do for me :)

Fixed
08-26-2012, 09:53 PM
Soda is
good with me I know the water has a rough current on the south side of the beach even on a regular day . Truth be told I only drink n.a. Beer
Cheers

572cv
08-26-2012, 10:20 PM
My daughter reports on a friends facebook page: " if this was a 'legitimate' hurricane, people would be able to wish really hard and make all the wind and rain retreat back into the clouds". ;)