PDA

View Full Version : Post something about just riding your bike . . .

BumbleBeeDave
08-24-2012, 01:14 PM
. . . and ONLY about riding your bike.

I rode my bike last night, doing 30 miles with friend into the Glenville hills. We had a great time. We were not racing, nor did we ingest any specific subtances to help us ride faster. We were just riding our bikes and it was healthy, carefree for a few hours despite whatever might be bothering us in the rest of our lives, and just generally fun. I love doing it.

BBD

David Kirk
08-24-2012, 01:17 PM
I enjoy it immensely.

Dave

BillG
08-24-2012, 01:18 PM
. . . and ONLY nor did we ingest any specific subtances to help us ride faster...

BBD

You violated your own rule!
I went on a wonderful ride on Tuesday. Weather was perfect. Out to Weston up to Lincoln, back through Arlington to Cambridge. There's a terrific little climb on this route up to a Jesuit residence, and the roads around there (Concord Road) have been crappy or under construction forever. They were mostly fresh asphalt and it was just lovely. Looking forward to riding this weekend in Putnam County NY and going up the dreaded Tinker Hill Road.

http://www.strava.com/segments/tinker-hill-rd-634813

CNY rider
08-24-2012, 01:20 PM

I rode my bike last night, doing 30 miles with friend into the Glenville hills. We had a great time. We were not racing, nor did we ingest any specific subtances to help us ride faster. We were just riding our bikes and it was healthy, carefree for a few hours despite whatever might be bothering us in the rest of our lives, and just generally fun. I love doing it.

BBD

I went on my longest ride of the year this past weekend, which happened to take me through those Glenville hills ;), and they are indeed a beautiful place to ride.

Joachim
08-24-2012, 01:22 PM
I finished my ride this morning into work and managed to rack up 18hrs riding the past 7 days (yes, I have a job and a family). I then realized how well my Campy (black) Record hubs with DT Swiss 465 rims have served me for the past 3 years/35000-ish miles....before I got a slow puncture on my Pave's and thought by myself that I should get those Nemesis rims laced up.

jr59
08-24-2012, 01:26 PM
I would love to.

I can't!:mad: Still on the sidelines due to being run over by a semi!

I want to ride, I really do, but can't!

I wonder if EPO would help! (bad joke today)! :banana:

junkfood
08-24-2012, 01:28 PM
Went on my first ride yesterday after having a vasectomy last week, it was less uncomfortable than I thought it may be.

Jake

sjauch2
08-24-2012, 01:33 PM
Powered by hate.

AngryScientist
08-24-2012, 01:37 PM
the weather has been absolutely gorgeous all week here. last night i rushed home from work and snuck in 25 miles on my fixed gear bike. there is something just wonderful about being on a bike with a completely silent drivetrain, listening to 23c tires hum along smooth blacktop with the air around 67 degrees; just at the intersection of twilight. i felt like a zen master on the bike last night. climbing was effortless, descending on the fixed gear was smooth, perfect pedal strokes, balanced spin. bliss.

good thread.

67-59
08-24-2012, 01:45 PM
Did a beautiful 52-mile, semi-rural ride among the rolling hills just outside of town this morning. A bit breezy, but otherwise great weather -- mix of clouds and sun, started at around 65 degrees, finshed at around 75. Very little traffic. Just perfect!

dave thompson
08-24-2012, 01:46 PM
It's 11:30am, about 65 degrees, I'm sitting in a Starbucks typing this on my iPhone. I'm at the halfway point of my morning ride. Being 'sort of' retired has it's benefits. Soy tan Feliz! (again)

Bruce K
08-24-2012, 02:00 PM
6:00 AM regular Friday coffee run today with local group. A bit friskier than normal but fun.

Contemplating an easy roll this afternoon with a couple of friends.

Metric tomorrow and maybe my first cross race Sunday if I feel up for it.

School starts next week so riding time is becoming a bit more precious than it has been

BK

boxerboxer
08-24-2012, 02:02 PM
I ride bicycle. Good. Yesterday. Happy.

572cv
08-24-2012, 02:18 PM
Got to leave work ON TIME (for once) and ride my bike across part of the Champlain Valley to the Charlotte Beach, where my wife's business (Eating Well Media Group) was holding their annual summer picnic. It was sunny with a light west breeze and temps in the high 60's. The food was fabulous. A sublime summer evening in Vermont. I love the ride, every time.

ctcyclistbob
08-24-2012, 02:18 PM
I'm planning to go out for a ride this evening; hope I don't have to dodge any T-storms.

The ride will be awesome as it almost always is.

Hank Scorpio
08-24-2012, 02:34 PM
A frisky 40 mile ride with a new group on wednesday night and a slower recovery ride last night. Both fun in their own right. Two nice long rides planned for the weekend. The icing on the cake? Waves forecasted all next week and I am on the late shift.

Life is good!

slowgoing
08-24-2012, 02:42 PM
I rode my LA TDF yellow trek today and it was dope!

Germany_chris
08-24-2012, 02:44 PM
Since my wife and daughter are up on the north sea..I'm headed to Strasbourg and take a long leisurely ride up the river. Then Sunday I'm headed for the bodensee to ride around the lake.

Fishbike
08-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Last night I went running home from my very adult job like an 8 yr.-old running home from school to go out and play (back when kids went out to play). Ditched the suit and suited up. I raced only against the setting sun. Time was short so I climbed a few hills to make it count. The smell of cut grass; the smell of many dinners for many families; the smell of citrus degreaser on my hands. When I lost the race against the sun, I fixed the squeaky rear brake and finally buffed out that annoying scratch on the Sachs head tube.

I slept good last night.

Jaq
08-24-2012, 02:59 PM
I actually meant to post this thread about my bike (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=114692) in General, but when I'd posted it in classifieds, it seemed apropos.

Anyway, rode it this morning to test/position the new saddle. Jebus, I'd forgotten how friggin' hard new Brooks can be. Great ride, even if it was overcast on the coast.

Thanks, all, for helping keep my bike rolling.

cloudguy
08-24-2012, 03:52 PM
This past week, I got new PR's on super-Flag and Magnolia, without using any banned substances (although I was riding a 39x32). According to Strava, I'm still really slow.

Keith A
08-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Did a 50 mile ride to Sebastian Inlet and back yesterday morning before work with a group of friends. It is interesting seeing everyone on their carbon wonder bikes and I'm rolling on my mid-90's Serotta steel. It was a tiny bit cooler and a little less humid than it has been lately.

I commuted to work by bike this morning (which I do on most days) and am almost ready for my ride home. It is always so much more enjoyable to ride home than it is to drive. I'm also looking forward to the group hammerfest tomorrow morning :eek:

spiderman
08-24-2012, 04:08 PM
i am really enjoying my rides to work in the morning along the lakeshore
rides with a little more intensity at noon
and a pleasure cruise unwinding the routes from earlier in the day
to get home...today i stopped at my new house
in the middle of the renovation
to warm up some lunch
and when i noticed three vans from tom's plumbing there
i realized how happy i am to have my own plumbing back to working order...
and how blessed i am to ride
--i also realized that when i am riding i rarely look back--
this section of road along the lake
really caught me eye, though.
sometimes when you look back you can appreciate
the beauty of the path you've taken...

biker72
08-24-2012, 04:13 PM
A couple of weeks ago I rode my Specialized Tricross all over Minneapolis. Spent 4 days there and rode every day. No bike problems. Bikes are everywhere. What a great place to ride.....:)

sevencyclist
08-24-2012, 04:19 PM
I love it that I get to see wild life!

Keith A
08-24-2012, 04:24 PM
i am really enjoying my rides to work in the morning along the lakeshore
rides with a little more intensity at noon
and a pleasure cruise unwinding the routes from earlier in the day
to get home...today i stopped at my new house
in the middle of the renovation
to warm up some lunch
and when i noticed three vans from tom's plumbing there
i realized how happy i am to have my own plumbing back to working order...
and how blessed i am to ride
--i also realized that when i am riding i rarely look back--
this section of road along the lake
really caught me eye, though.
sometimes when you look back you can appreciate
the beauty of the path you've taken...When did you pick up an SV?
Ride report please :)

Aaron O
08-24-2012, 04:31 PM
I rode my Raleigh Twenty for about 8 miles this morning. My leg is bugging me and I'm wondering if I'll ever get strength back. The brakes don't work well, but it's not critical since you can't get the thing going too fast anyway. Between the upright bars which are too close to my chest and the bad leg, I can't climb or get out of the saddle...really limiting range. I know that somewhere in my future I have some nice rides ahead, but it seems really distant somehow. Sorry to be a downer, it's just where my head is.

VulcanVillain
08-24-2012, 04:48 PM
I can't wait to ride my bike...guess I need to finish building it!

xjoex
08-24-2012, 04:49 PM
Last night I got home too late to hit the group mountain ride. i left on my CX bike, at the bottom of my street I ran in to them. Everyone was on mtn bikes, most on FS bikes. Well I had to join them. It was awesome.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-CWdCwcGCZJI/UDbvVEebjAI/AAAAAAAAGYM/1SHT7fEjeAc/s640/IMG_8906.jpg

I did bail after a flat though...

-Joe

Keith A
08-24-2012, 04:55 PM
xjoex -- Fantastic picture!

rePhil
08-24-2012, 05:08 PM
No one enjoys riding their bike as much as I do.

parris
08-24-2012, 05:28 PM
Last weekend visiting family where I grew up I had planned on riding for maybe an hour and a half but the day was so good weather wise and terrain so beautiful that three hours felt short.

Bruce K
08-24-2012, 06:03 PM
Just got back from my second ride of the day. 31 miles at about 19 mph with a different group from the local "club".

Rolling roads out to Crane's Beach in Ipswich, MA for a bit of just watching the ocean and back again.

I rode my Bedford for the first time in a while and had forgotten just how much fun that bike really is. Smooth, responsive, comfortable, not much else to say after that.

Always puts a smile on my face. :D

BK

tannhauser
08-24-2012, 06:26 PM
Crazy last Friday before school starts driving.

Great fun!

Did some intervals, practiced my rusting track stand, did some slo-mo isometric stretches while riding. Nice for a cool down.

jr59
08-24-2012, 06:27 PM
I would love to.

I can't!:mad: Still on the sidelines due to being run over by a semi!

I want to ride, I really do, but can't!

I wonder if EPO would help! (bad joke today)! :banana:

HaHa! I rode 1 block this afternoon!

Yea me!!!!:banana::banana::banana:

But, now my shoulder really hurts. :mad:

Not yet, but it's getting there!

swPArider
08-24-2012, 06:31 PM
gonna go ride a few miles since it's a beautiful summer evening, the pulled/strained muscle in my back isn't gonna stop me.

gomango
08-24-2012, 06:33 PM
HaHa! I rode 1 block this afternoon!

Yea me!!!!:banana::banana::banana:

But, now my shoulder really hurts. :mad:

Not yet, but it's getting there!

Take her easy!!!

We rode very early this morning.

I live in St. Paul and the day time highs are sneaking back into the 90s this weekend, so we will ride very early.

Rode to Hastings, a nearby town for pancakes and eggs.

Not the normal meal for a longer ride, but life goes on.

Needed a nap after that choice.

Liv2RideHard
08-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Since I am between road bikes at the moment while I build up the Tommasini and the Sachs, my Ventana hardtail has been my only bike for the past 5 or 6 weeks. I have been doing my same club rides on the mtb though. Fast rides with an average of typically 24-26 mph. It has been fun staying with all the guys who are on 14 lb plastic bikes. I do work harder but love every second of it. Doing it again in the morning. Solid 4-5 hrs. One thing it has done is help me to get ready for a solo 8 hr mtb race next weekend. Looking forward to all the suffering...

Pete Mckeon
08-24-2012, 06:41 PM
Starting to get back in shape from the drugs I have consumed over the past 2 years/ The cancer has not returned but the biking has.

Off to Maine in two weeks for a New England of riding with the folks from Colorado Heart cycle.org/

I am not as strong as two years ago, but I am working on it. Had my birthday last weekend and my commitment is to hold or move the calendar back! THe bike helps me here - - - as do the countryside on a bike (yeah a Serotta most often) but the Parlee and Bedford are nice also. Hope to see Bumble bee Dave one day is Sept.

Pete:beer:

jr59
08-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Starting to get back in shape from the drugs I have consumed over the past 2 years/ The cancer has not returned but the biking has.

Off to Maine in two weeks for a New England of riding with the folks from Colorado Heart cycle.org/

I am not as strong as two years ago, but I am working on it. Had my birthday last weekend and my commitment is to hold or move the calendar back! THe bike helps me here - - - as do the countryside on a bike (yeah a Serotta most often) but the Parlee and Bedford are nice also. Hope to see Bumble bee Dave one day is Sept.

Pete:beer:

If you ever get down to New Orleans, I know a couple of good places to eat that serve some VERY nice red!

Just give me a shout!

Fixed
08-24-2012, 06:47 PM
This thread needs more pics ::)
I did tethered swimming today . I did dream of riding my bike the other night and it seemed very real .I saw all my old riding pals ,I couldn't understand why I was riding in cargo shorts and flip flops And had to get a ride home from a coffee shop that I was left alone in after it closed ,oh well it just a dream
Cheers :) ride an extra mile for me :)

Steve in SLO
08-24-2012, 06:57 PM
I rode daily during our week on the Oregon coast and have reaffirmed that mixed asphalt/gravel road rides are becoming my favorite.

Fixed
08-24-2012, 07:02 PM
I rode daily during our week on the Oregon coast and have reaffirmed that mixed asphalt/gravel road rides are becoming my favorite.

Well which bike gets dual duty ?:)
Cheers :)

bobswire
08-24-2012, 07:38 PM
Weather has been pretty miserable here in the City by the Bay these last few weeks. Not real cold, just gray, damp and chilly. Not that it keeps me from riding it's just that a day or two of sunshine lifts the dampness off the old bones as was well as the spirit.
Woke up this morning and saw the sun burning through the fog,(yeah) but I had a couple of chores I needed to do before setting out on a ride (in "short" sleeves for a change).
Made my morning bowl of oats w/blue berries & banana along with hot cup of earl gray tea before sitting down in front of the computer to see what was happening in the world, but first checked my email.
:banana::banana: Found out a frame I saw yesterday and really wanted but had been sold was still available if I still wanted it. Duh!?! (Thanks GT88).
An orange 2007 Serotta steel Fierte w/carbon stays in MY size. Talk about lifting my spirits.....So I hurried, chowed down, started my laundry before jogging up to the produce store and back, threw on some shorts and short sleeve jersey,grabbed the cervelo prodigy for a quick spin to the ocean and back with a BIG smile on my mug.
Got back home, quick shower then jumped in the car for a trip across the Bay Bridge to pick up the frame....which I'm really looking forward to building up.
Anyway I had a really, really good bike day today.
http://i47.tinypic.com/dlhwlv.jpg

The Fierte is a twin to the a CDA I had and was forced to sell for financial reasons the year before last. See photo taken going up Kings Mountain Road, Woodside.2010 http://i53.tinypic.com/2a77ejp.jpg

Fixed
08-24-2012, 07:44 PM
Nice story great pics thanks
Cheers

Steve in SLO
08-24-2012, 07:57 PM
Well which bike gets dual duty ?:)

Why, this one:

19wisconsin64
08-24-2012, 08:25 PM
staying in santa monica this week. took my bike for a ride. went north (pictured), then turned around and went south.

Fixed
08-24-2012, 09:52 PM
:)Why, this one:

Perfect thanks for showing I really like moots
Pete you rock ,keep up the great work
Cheers:)

pmac
08-24-2012, 10:09 PM
I'm in Wichita Falls for the Hotter N Hell century ride. Had a nice ride today on the 50 mile course, and am looking forward to the 100 tomorrow. All on my David Kirk JKS Special, which is the nicest bike I've ever owned both for riding and just admiring. Wish I could figure out how to post a photo of it. The only disappointment is that it only got into the 90's today and probably tomorrow, so the rides aren't quite as epic as usual.

oliver1850
08-24-2012, 10:14 PM
I hauled recyling today, combined it with a trip to the bank and 30 miles of road and bike path.

monkeybanana86
08-24-2012, 10:42 PM
Took my beloved Serotta on a trail for a "recovery ride" on Wed. to be in shape to try and beat my best time up a 4 mile hill today (and just to get away from cars really). I thought it was cool to be above the clouds so. For those of you from the Bay Area this is Old Railroad Grade in Mill Valley. The other two are not from this week but it shows how pretty it is up there the city becomes tiny.

Anyway, no shots from today because I didn't stop but I love riding my bike and getting fitter everyday

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/jesuisyann/IMG_1846.jpg
this is not a good picture but I like it

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/jesuisyann/IMG_1646.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/jesuisyann/IMG_1645.jpg

spiderman
08-24-2012, 10:44 PM
When did you pick up an SV?
Ride report please :)

I like the sv so well I let my ottrott go...
A friend who is converting from
Running to cycling rode it
Instead of the 25 year old Mtb
He brought to a community ride...
And didnt want to part with it!

The sv has treated me well.
I love the magic carpet feel
And the paint so much
I am thinking about painting
My car to match!

oliver1850
08-24-2012, 11:20 PM
touch up on monkey's pic - darker would have obscured the Serotta.

swPArider
08-24-2012, 11:45 PM
Well to update my earlier post. I went for a short ride. Felt great, the weather was fantastic, was almost home then bang! All the sudden I'm on the ground. First wreck on my road bike all because of some damn gravel. So I get up and inspect the bike, the derailleur is all bent up and the brake lever got scraped up a bit, other than that the bike was fine. I ended up with a little road rash on my right leg and elbow. Funny how after a wreck you always check the bike over before looking at your own wounds.

monkeybanana86
08-24-2012, 11:59 PM
touch up on monkey's pic - darker would have obscured the Serotta.

ha thanks

as you can see it was really hot that day:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/jesuisyann/IMG_1637-Version2.jpg

beeatnik
08-25-2012, 03:03 AM
I'm riding my bike in a few hours. Even after years of doing it, getting up at 5am to start a day of riding, it's hard for me to believe I'm that guy. That's love.

Ray
08-25-2012, 05:21 AM
I wasnt gonna ride but when I found out that none of my rides from 1999-2005 counted anymore, I figured I'd better start making up for all those lost miles. So I went out and did one of my typically slow and easy 30 mile rides to no place notable and enjoyed the hell out f it. Really glad I didn't get a lifetime ban! :cool:

-Ray

martinrjensen
08-25-2012, 08:32 AM
Ouch! Must have been doing a pretty good clip. I'm just getting ready for a ride in about an hour. It will be about 70 miles or so. I'm debating if I want to start out with my wind breaker on because it's a little chilly out now at 6 am but in 2 hours it will be rolled up in my jersey, so that's my quandry right now.Well to update my earlier post. I went for a short ride. Felt great, the weather was fantastic, was almost home then bang! All the sudden I'm on the ground. First wreck on my road bike all because of some damn gravel. So I get up and inspect the bike, the derailleur is all bent up and the brake lever got scraped up a bit, other than that the bike was fine. I ended up with a little road rash on my right leg and elbow. Funny how after a wreck you always check the bike over before looking at your own wounds.

oldpotatoe
08-25-2012, 08:43 AM

BBD

Gotta ride more...long summer in bike retail, pretty cranky, need to get on the bike more...mechanical meditation, good for the soul.

bobswire
08-25-2012, 08:54 AM
[QUOTE=monkeybanana86;1193312]Took my beloved Serotta on a trail for a "recovery ride" on Wed. to be in shape to try and beat my best time up a 4 mile hill today (and just to get away from cars really). I thought it was cool to be above the clouds so. For those of you from the Bay Area this is Old Railroad Grade in Mill Valley. The other two are not from this week but it shows how pretty it is up there the city becomes tiny.

Anyway, no shots from today because I didn't stop but I love riding my bike and getting fitter everyday

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/jesuisyann/IMG_1846.jpg
this is not a good picture but I like it

I live under those clouds in that pic, good to know there is sun above them.

Lewis Moon
08-25-2012, 08:56 AM
I love how skinny and fast a good road bike feels. It's like a caffeine buzz on wheels.

Chance
08-25-2012, 08:58 AM
Haven't.:(

93legendti
08-25-2012, 09:07 AM
Last night around 7:15 I had a nice recovery ride thru a small subdivision that circles a small private lake. At this time of year, the evening sun creates a beautiful hue against the clouds. The day was still warm, but there was a ever so slight breeze. One of my favorite times to ride.

TC Johnson
08-25-2012, 09:29 AM
Last night at about 9:00 PM, I finally finished building up the 7-11 Hampsten I scored on eBay a while back, and took it out for a quick test. Even in the pitch darkness it was sublime and so rewarding to know everything worked properly.

A longer ride is on deck for this weekend to truly enjoy this lugged steel wonder. :banana:

I wish I had more time to ride. It feeds the soul like few other pursuits.

TC

Fixed
08-25-2012, 09:31 AM
Last night around 7:15 I had a nice recovery ride thru a small subdivision that circles a small private lake. At this time of year, the evening sun creates a beautiful hue against the clouds. The day was still warm, but there was a ever so slight breeze. One of my favorite times to ride.

Nice I could see it thanks
Cheers

Germany_chris
08-25-2012, 11:16 AM
Do I win with Serotta's, Castles, Fountains, Kings, Hefeweizen and good Jazz all in one trip?

Hank Scorpio
08-25-2012, 03:49 PM
Short unremarkable 40 mile spin this morning. Although sharing it with a friend who had been going through some health issues most of this season made it much better.

Ride in good health this weekend.

akelman
08-25-2012, 04:07 PM
It seems like fall is here early, so we did a fast(ish) 30-miler this morning. We went west out of town on the bike path (http://daviswiki.org/Bicycle_Rides?action=Files&do=view&target=Russell.jpg), which was jammed with joggers and cyclists for the first couple of miles that it travels by the university. Sometimes that kind of crowding can be a pain, but today everyone seemed to be in a good mood -- lots of smiles and nods -- and ready to share the space.

We went south at the end of the bike path, rode over the "Graffiti Bridge" (http://daviswiki.org/Stevenson_Bridge) and then through some walnut and plum orchards. The plums are a deep purple (http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=v43&sa=X&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1010&bih=474&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=X9Qoui0JXpAF9M:&imgrefurl=http://homeguides.sfgate.com/miniature-plum-trees-26610.html&imgurl=http://homeguides.sfgate.com/DM-Resize/photos.demandstudios.com/getty/article/142/184/87590905.jpg%253Fw%253D600%2526h%253D600%2526keep_ ratio%253D1&w=600&h=400&ei=WD05UO7aOqfniwKM3YH4CA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=566&vpy=151&dur=25&hovh=183&hovw=275&tx=145&ty=118&sig=110407408151031121607&page=1&tbnh=127&tbnw=166&start=0&ndsp=10&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0,i:85) (insert "Smoke on the Water" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rP-9KCtYBE) guitar riff here) this time of year, and bunches of them just fall from the trees. I imagine the rats and other rodents feast when night falls.

The orchards give way after after about ten miles to tomato fields, and the harvest is happening now. That means two things: first, there are huge trucks, laden with tomatoes, (http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=0Rj&sa=X&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1010&bih=474&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=th2Lr9F4kZJ8WM:&imgrefurl=http://www.masterfile.com/stock-photography/image/838-03880411/Tomatoes-Yolo-County-California-USA&imgurl=http://image1.masterfile.com/em_w/03/88/04/838-03880411w.jpg&w=550&h=361&ei=7D05UKjHBsOziQLrw4DoCQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=95&vpy=12&dur=391&hovh=154&hovw=222&tx=135&ty=66&sig=110407408151031121607&page=1&tbnh=129&tbnw=171&start=0&ndsp=10&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:76) on the roads, which can be scary; and second, every turn in the area has piles of rotting tomatoes, which fall off the trucks when they go round a corner, sitting there. The flies will only be around for a few weeks, but it's kind of gross in the meantime.

We headed back east on a very small road that's usually empty but today had a big group of bikers (Harleys not Serottas) cruising along. Those guys are usually nice to cyclists and today was no exception. One guy challenged us to a race. We topped out at around 37 mph, and he rode away laughing. Then, before we knew it, it was time to turn back north, cross the Southern Pacific tracks, go by the Raptor Center (http://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/calraptor/index.cfm), the Mondavi Center (https://www.google.com/search?q=mondavi+center&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=GhO&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=mzw5UJ6vLqHOiwLswYHwBQ&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1010&bih=474), and then through the center of campus (http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=XC4&sa=X&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1010&bih=474&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=UCcmMJcViDVoNM:&imgrefurl=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Arboretum,_UC_Davis.jpg&imgurl=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0c/Arboretum,_UC_Davis.jpg&w=1600&h=1200&ei=MD85UJKFJu7hiwKNtoBo&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=406&vpy=28&dur=1692&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=115&ty=106&sig=110407408151031121607&page=1&tbnh=111&tbnw=164&start=0&ndsp=10&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0,i:148). That's a lot of centers, I know, but that's how the ride ended.

tele
08-25-2012, 05:28 PM
Riding with my oldest for 8 miles on the local railtrail and then enjoying some local ice cream on a beautiful summer day before we both head back to school this week.

Tandem Rider
08-25-2012, 07:49 PM
My wife and I got in 55ish on the new tandem. Did a few LT intervals along the way, felt good (in a perverse sort of way) after the week we both had. Only 2 more road races and 1 TT for the season, maybe a few CX's later for the beer. Finished feeling better. After all, LT's feel a lot better than VO's to a TT guy. Stress level dropped by quite a few points.

Drinking Smokestacks and grilling now :^)

don compton
08-25-2012, 08:08 PM
After today's ride, I have ridden 4700 miles on my Riv Roadeo. Sorry if its not a race bike, but it gets the job done. My goal is 6000 miles for the year and its looking pretty good.:beer:

christian
08-25-2012, 08:15 PM
64 miles in 4 hours and it was freakin' glorious in Westchester and Fairfield counties. I love to ride my bike.

http://www.christianedstrom.com/Ride_201200825/Good_tines.jpg

Frankwurst
08-25-2012, 09:03 PM
The bad moves out. The good moves in.:beer:

don compton
08-25-2012, 10:04 PM
This ongoing discussion of hating or loving our current stars are so shallow. Bottom line, I started riding as an adult because my physical health restricted my golf. I have always enjoyed watching the "Tour" since the 80's and will continue to do so. I really could care less about the B.S. I will continue to ride my impossibly heavy Riv Roadeo on our 35-50 hilly and flat rides and a few centuries and all this total bull**** will not hamper my enjoyment from riding my bike. :)

dougdye
08-25-2012, 10:33 PM
Our club, Chilcoot Velo, did a 50 mile loop from Minn. into Wisc. to watch another club's hilly time trial event. Slightly overcast but high 70's. Western Wisconsin has the nicest roads with great big wide shoulders and rolling hills to give you just enough of a workout. I've lived on the East Coast and the West Coast and this area has by far the greatest road bike roads I have ever experienced!

rdparadise
08-25-2012, 10:37 PM
Tuesday went out for my normal after work ride. There were 4 of us counting myself. We hit cream valley ice cream shop for a yummy black sweet cherry shake before heading back. 36 miles, finished in the dark with my NR 600 beaming the way.

Today, went out with two local buddies and met up with 3 more 10 miles in. We did 44 all told. Stopped for breakfast and dealt with a few sprits on the way back. The tailwind on the way back was beautiful. All under heavily clouded skies.

Bob

MattTuck
08-25-2012, 10:38 PM
28 miles over dirt roads, working on wrapping up my first goal of the season. I'll share when I finish it.

northbend
08-26-2012, 05:35 AM
I had fun riding the Suntop/Skookum Flats loop on Saturday. It is one of the classic MTB trail rides in Washington State. Big climb up to a lookout tower that has a million dollar view of Mr Rainer, you descend on singletrack back down to the valley floor and close the loop on a trail that skirts the White River. It is also where my camera met a violent end during a crash. I'm gonna miss that camera.

Fixed
08-26-2012, 06:35 AM
64 miles in 4 hours and it was freakin' glorious in Westchester and Fairfield counties. I love to ride my bike.

http://www.christianedstrom.com/Ride_201200825/Good_tines.jpg

Nice paint on the Merckx