PDA

View Full Version : For Tailwinds

Rapid Tourist
09-29-2005, 06:33 PM
Oh man, tonight on my commute home I had a 21 mph TAILWIND all the way home! On the fixed gear to boot. :) I'm not one to boast, but kids I ROCKED! :banana:

I'd like to dedicate tonight's commute to Tailwinds in the hopes that she has many, many more great tailwinds in the future on her new Kirk!! ;)

Tailwinds
09-29-2005, 09:15 PM
Thanks, RT! Sounds like a great commute... you'd have missed out on that fun if you were in a car. Bikes are great! :beer:

Wayne77
09-30-2005, 08:47 AM
The best tailwinds are those that equal your max speed with a tailwind- so you're just cruising along at the speed of the wind, completely silent, no sound of wind rushing past your face, and all you hear is the sweet resonating hum of your bike on the road. Its music!!

Rapid Tourist
09-30-2005, 08:24 PM
Right on , Wayne. Excellent description. It doesn't get much better than that!!

Sandy
09-30-2005, 10:33 PM
Isn't it a tiny, tiny, bit better when we are riding together?? :)

Tiny Sandy

Sandy
09-30-2005, 10:37 PM
The best tailwinds are those that equal your max speed with a tailwind- so you're just cruising along at the speed of the wind, completely silent, no sound of wind rushing past your face, and all you hear is the sweet resonating hum of your bike on the road. Its music!!

I actually don't really understand what you are saying. Would you please explain.

Sandy

Wayne77
09-30-2005, 10:59 PM
I actually don't really understand what you are saying. Would you please explain.

Sandy

Sometimes a tailwind is that perfect speed where it pushes you along so you can cruise almost effortlessly at 28-30 mph. When you hit that perfect speed when you are going the exact same speed of the wind, its almost like you're standing still because you don't have the usual wind rushing past your face our through your helmet. It is quiet and peaceful and alll you hear is the sublime hum of your frame and tires resonating with the road, yet you're haulin' @ss!

Doesn't get much better than that!