PDA

View Full Version : I read the Lance thread.....

William
08-23-2012, 12:05 PM
...Now I'm ready for Ten hours of ping pong!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrSt5fTFxPk&feature=relmfu

;);):)

William

Vientomas
08-23-2012, 12:10 PM
Fafa vs. Fafa

10 hours!

slowgoing
08-23-2012, 12:12 PM
A thread about a LA thread. We've reached a new low...

Tony T
08-23-2012, 12:13 PM

That gave me a laugh!
:):):):):):):)

William
08-23-2012, 12:15 PM
Joke folks.:)

William

BumbleBeeDave
08-23-2012, 12:16 PM
It was turning into the Argument Clinic.

William
08-23-2012, 12:19 PM
Was not.

;):)

William

PS: Wait, that was just contradiction.

tiretrax
08-23-2012, 12:52 PM
That video should be inserted to the start of too many threads.

Louis
08-23-2012, 12:55 PM
At this point, I think I'd prefer the Being Hit on the Head lessons.

merlincustom1
08-23-2012, 12:58 PM
That gave me a laugh!
:):):):):):):)

Tony, pm sent.

merlincustom1
08-23-2012, 01:01 PM
I think that's called Meta.

William
08-23-2012, 01:13 PM
I think that's called Meta.

Example:

"So I just read this thread about these people talking about a thread, and the the thread they were talking about was about forum threads..."
"Dude, that's so meta. Stop before my brain explodes."

;)
:)
:banana:
William

54ny77
08-23-2012, 01:31 PM
I'm actually curious about what goes on in the mind of someone who goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on in replying (arguing) with someone on an internet forum.

I've had a few disagreements here & there with folks online, call it 4-5 responses from me, maybe. After that, I stop at the point of saying something I wouldn't otherwise say to someone's face. Besides, what's the point?

It's a weird culture, this anonymity of internet forums.

Oftentimes it reminds me of watching daytime talkshows (which is not exactly a positive). Howard Stern used to have a soundbite playing of hens pecking when guest dialogue became out of control or utterly absurd. Always made me chuckle.

Jaq
08-23-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm actually curious about what goes on in the mind of someone who goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on in replying (arguing) with someone on an internet forum.

I've had a few disagreements here & there with folks online, call it 4-5 responses from me, maybe. After that, I stop at the point of saying something I wouldn't otherwise say to someone's face. Besides, what's the point?

It's a weird culture, this anonymity of internet forums.

Oftentimes it reminds me of watching daytime talkshows (which is not exactly a positive). Howard Stern used to have a soundbite playing of hens pecking when guest dialogue became out of control or utterly absurd. Always made me chuckle.

RBR was really what clued me into this. People would go off about things like where to carry a pump or whether or not "the rules" on Velominati were to be taken seriously. And the politics forum... oy.

That said, there are some genuinely decent, warm, wonderful and intelligent folks over there. It's just that there's infinitely more here (and ATH), and I'm not made of time. At some point, I actually have to get some work done.

67-59
08-23-2012, 04:47 PM
So if I started a thread about this thread, it would be a thread about the thread about the Lance thread?

Just trying to keep score....

ultraman6970
08-23-2012, 06:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bJxYRtGUM4