PDA

View Full Version : Torm jerseys

mike p
08-20-2012, 06:44 PM
Who owns a Torm jersey? Quality? Did you order direct? Anyone in the USA sell them? Thanks for any help.

Mike

phcollard
08-20-2012, 07:56 PM
Great stuff. 99.99% quality of Rapha for 1/3 of the price!

I believe they only sell direct but they ship fast and cheap. And as you buy from outside the EU they substract the VAT (taxes) which is about 20%.

Great value :)

majorpat
08-20-2012, 08:09 PM
Short and long sleeve. They are good quality, ordered from the website, no problems with the shipping. Had them for a season, so far so good!
Pat

jmoore
08-20-2012, 08:15 PM
My first one arrived last week. I haven't ridden in it yet, but it fit great when I tried it on. Quality appears great. I couldn't find a loose thread or an odd seam or anything at all out of place.

The company answered my emails very quickly and were easy to deal with. It's certainly worth giving them a try.

Jnnybrns
08-21-2012, 10:23 PM
My first one arrived last week. I haven't ridden in it yet, but it fit great when I tried it on. Quality appears great. I couldn't find a loose thread or an odd seam or anything at all out of place.

The company answered my emails very quickly and were easy to deal with. It's certainly worth giving them a try.

The jersey: a bit "clubby-er" cut as I felt Rapha used to be. Not baggy but certainly a touch more breathing room

The warmers: fell apart after 4 rides, pass on those.

GuyGadois
08-21-2012, 11:03 PM
Our esteemed SteveInSLO put together this beautiful review of Torm, Road Holland and Rapha.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=100820

GG

rice rocket
08-22-2012, 12:00 AM
I thought it said torn... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the link though, certainly piqued my interest!

monkeybanana86
08-22-2012, 12:24 AM
I read torn as well but I'm glad you posted this! the T2 looks great

Steve in SLO
08-22-2012, 03:57 AM
Just got back from a trip to Oregon where I wore my Torm LS jersey on several rides. Very nice jersey, lacking nothing. My only niggling complaint is that I wish the zippered/waterproofed pockets would more easily hold an iPhone. You can stuff one in there, but removing it for a quick pic and then putting it back in is a conscious, rather than unconscious effort. As a result, I always put it in my centre (note Brit spelling) pocket, where it was more susceptible to moisture.

jmoore
08-22-2012, 09:12 AM
The jersey: a bit "clubby-er" cut as I felt Rapha used to be. Not baggy but certainly a touch more breathing room

The warmers: fell apart after 4 rides, pass on those.

I've never worn a Rapha jersey, so I can't compare, but the slightly more club-fit works for me. I got the T7 because of the full zipper. The temp seems to have broken here in TX so I might get to wear it soon.

Last night I told my wife that if she ever needed any gift ideas, then get me another Torm jersey.

I need to get me a Road Holland next.

Steve in SLO
08-22-2012, 11:18 AM
I've never worn a Rapha jersey, so I can't compare, but the slightly more club-fit works for me. I got the T7 because of the full zipper. The temp seems to have broken here in TX so I might get to wear it soon.

Last night I told my wife that if she ever needed any gift ideas, then get me another Torm jersey.

Just remember to check the RH sizing prior to ordering. They tend to be more loose-fitting than the Torm.

jmoore
08-23-2012, 10:19 AM
Just remember to check the RH sizing prior to ordering. They tend to be more loose-fitting than the Torm.

noted, thanks.

mcgillicuddy_p
08-23-2012, 09:57 PM
These jerseys look great. I just tried ordering a T5 and a T7. The site sent me to NOCHEX to pay for them. BOA rejected the transaction as suspicious. Anybody else have issues with NOCHEX?

Never mind. Got it sorted. Apparently using PayPal for an eBay purchase and immediately trying to use NOCHEX for an international purchase is suspicious. Who knew?

gmonster
09-09-2012, 05:55 PM

They appear to be on sale until tomorrow with promo code "ENDSUM20"

http://www.roadholland.com