PDA

View Full Version : There is a little race going on in Colorado

Fixed
08-20-2012, 04:18 PM
Anyone catch it ?
Cheers :)

ultraman6970
08-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Farrar finally won one?? Pretty lame sprint anyways, sure he was going to win it, even a 40 y/o man sprinted for 10 place and he is not even a darn sprinter.

maxdog
08-20-2012, 06:42 PM
I'm loving it. Sure the teams are a little light, but the more televised cycling (or anything about bikes for that matter), the better.
Okay let the whining and complaining begin.

harryblack
08-20-2012, 07:11 PM
a win's a win... i guess... though I'm MUCH more impressed by Talansky racing the front end in today's Vuelta than anything Garmin could possibly do in Colo... (go Tommy D! whew! {vomit vomit vomi})

also, i didn't follow the timeline but while i understand Cadel Evans, Ivan Basso etc riding grupetto, what happened to Zabriskie? Somebody spike the musette bag or what?

Farrar finally won one?? Pretty lame sprint anyways, sure he was going to win it, even a 40 y/o man sprinted for 10 place and he is not even a darn sprinter.

Fixed
08-20-2012, 07:58 PM
Good day for a cycling fan a.c.. looks like a hungry shark today c.f. Is going to be riding next to a mako shark for three weeks . And the cowboys racing out west well anything can happen there .
I am looking forward to a great week for this cycling fan
Cheers

ultraman6970
08-20-2012, 09:15 PM
Have to agree with this, he was doing ok untill AC started playing bionic man 7 times in a row.

a win's a win... i guess... though I'm MUCH more impressed by Talansky racing the front end in today's Vuelta than anything Garmin could possibly do in Colo...

tiretrax
08-20-2012, 09:26 PM
This will be a great week. I hope that someday the US Pro can be stretched into a multiweek race. Such epic climbs and scenery.

oldpotatoe
08-21-2012, 07:38 AM
This will be a great week. I hope that someday the US Pro can be stretched into a multiweek race. Such epic climbs and scenery.

I think the 'grand plan' is to meld it with the Tour of Utah, make it a western states 2-3 week race and put the hurts on the Vuelta...possible, me thinks.

Just takes $.

cfox
08-21-2012, 08:29 AM

I don't know man...it seems like every road they are on are super wide 2 lane highways. Colorado is gorgeous, don't get me wrong, it just lacks the drama of euro goat paths.

oldpotatoe
08-21-2012, 08:58 AM
I don't know man...it seems like every road they are on are super wide 2 lane highways. Colorado is gorgeous, don't get me wrong, it just lacks the drama of euro goat paths.

Wait till saturday.

GRAVELBIKE
08-21-2012, 11:57 AM
Wait till saturday.

It's going to be CRAZY.

cnighbor1
08-21-2012, 12:05 PM
I am watching race on TV Also Performance bicycles has a link to watch on your computer.
I rode in Colorado for seven days a few year back. In my 60's. Started in steamboat springs. We went from 6000 feet elevation to over 9700 feet elevation 1st day. wow you just ride a bit slower has you climb higher. Lack of O2. 1st day felt like I needed to throw up every so often. But never happened. after that 1st day fun riding at those heigths. I got up too 11,750 feet elevation later in the week. Still slowing down has I climbed higher. so to race over 10,000 feet and dropping back to 8,000 feet on Mondays race is amazing to me.
Charles

Fixed
08-21-2012, 03:14 PM
Can they not show video from a helicopter without the obnoxious sound ?
I am very sound sensitive these days :)
Cheers
More great excitement kudos to the west. Great finish IMHO

Hawker
08-22-2012, 11:49 AM
Enjoying the coverage. Did you notice four full pages about the race in USA Today this week?

Lovetoclimb
08-22-2012, 12:25 PM
The Radioshack Tour Tracker is just the bees knees! Very crisp video, excellent sound quality, and works across many platforms. Just yesterday I was streaming the race during the low traffic moments at my farmers market booth. On my iphone! The negative consequence is battery and data plan drain, but to be expected.

I must say with all 3 major stage races in the USA, the coverage seems pretty rock solid for live viewing via the tour trackers. I can't remember, was ToU tracker a Radioshack app? Or just ToC and USPCC.

harryblack
08-22-2012, 03:13 PM
Co-sign the technology is pretty good... Regardless of my distaste for the Garmin bum squad (but go Tejay!) I gotta say, emphatically...

David Harmon + Sean Kelly (Eurosport Vuelta) are way way way way better than Phil & Paul here, there, everywhere, always.

firerescuefin
08-22-2012, 04:16 PM
HarryB......ssssssshhhhhhsssssssssssshhhhhhh:help:

Great ride today Tommy d

mgm777
08-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Go Tommy go!

Fixed
08-22-2012, 04:26 PM
What bike is he riding today special black edition no labels ?
Cheers :)

mgm777
08-22-2012, 04:31 PM
cervello..don't know which model...maybe the CA produced R5?

mgm777
08-22-2012, 04:32 PM
wish he would get into a more aero tuck on the descent.

tiretrax
08-23-2012, 09:12 AM
I think the 'grand plan' is to meld it with the Tour of Utah, make it a western states 2-3 week race and put the hurts on the Vuelta...possible, me thinks.

Just takes $.

That was my thought, too, with connection through Wyoming? $ needed, yes, but also cooperation between the States.

David Kirk
08-23-2012, 09:19 AM
Is it just me or does the current GC deal seem a bit odd. Tejay won the stage two days ago and the video showed he had at least a 2-3 bike length lead when he crossed the line - yet they were given a 'same time' status.

Then yesterday they actually finish in a classic same time situation with a group of riders all having overlapping wheels but the officials make a change in GC siting finish order.

A bit odd me thinks. Did anyone else notice this?

Dave

LJohnny
08-23-2012, 09:52 AM
Is it just me or does the current GC deal seem a bit odd. Tejay won the stage two days ago and the video showed he had at least a 2-3 bike length lead when he crossed the line - yet they were given a 'same time' status.

Then yesterday they actually finish in a classic same time situation with a group of riders all having overlapping wheels but the officials make a change in GC siting finish order.

Dave
Bobke asked TJ about the Refs decision for the GC yesterday and indeed he did make a remark with the same point(s) you bring up.

I thought TJ made his observation clear without sounding whiny. Pointing out at the end that what really matters is who's on yellow come Sunday's end.

Fixed
08-23-2012, 09:52 AM

Dave
I thought it odd too
I wonder why Phil and Paul did not mention it .
Cheers

LJohnny
08-23-2012, 09:54 AM
Oh and I loved that short interview of Danielson, with the kiss. LOL It sounded like a genuine guy, just happy to win a stage.

LJohnny
08-23-2012, 09:55 AM
I thought it odd too
I wonder why Phil and Paul did not mention it .
Cheers

It was highlighted in an interview after the race with TJ.

mgm777
08-23-2012, 10:00 AM
Oh and I loved that short interview of Danielson, with the kiss. LOL It sounded like a genuine guy, just happy to win a stage.

TommyD and Bobke both lived in Durango at the same time. Small town. Probably know each other personally.

firerescuefin
08-23-2012, 10:04 AM

That's him...have had the chance to hang out with him...and there are no fronts or facades. What you see is what you get.

LJohnny
08-23-2012, 10:05 AM
TommyD and Bobke both lived in Durango at the same time. Small town. Probably know each other personally.

Indeed, but Bobke's reaction was priceless. For, what it seemed like a few secs, he was speechless. Tee hee, hee.

LJohnny
08-23-2012, 10:06 AM
That's him...have had the chance to hang out with him...and there are no fronts or facades. What you see is what you get.
That sounds like fun. Good for him.

Fixed
08-23-2012, 10:39 AM
It was highlighted in an interview after the race with TJ.

Sorry must have dozed off :)
Cheers

harryblack
08-23-2012, 11:07 AM
If ya'll haven't done so, don't miss today's Vuelta's finish... now THAT's a guts finish on an interesting (not just high in altitude) course...

also, speaking of yesterday in Colorado, except for Tejay and Mathias Frank, BCM were crap. What happened to HGHincapie, TdF mountain stage winner? And why'd Cadel Evans even get on the plane, unless he's just dropping in on the way back to Australia? He was obviously fried in France, of course, but... still disappointing.

Fixed
08-23-2012, 11:32 AM
If ya'll haven't done so, don't miss today's Vuelta's finish... now THAT's a guts finish on an interesting (not just high in altitude) course...

also, speaking of yesterday in Colorado, except for Tejay and Mathias Frank, BCM were crap. What happened to HGHincapie, TdF mountain stage winner? And why'd Cadel Evans even get on the plane, unless he's just dropping in on the way back to Australia? He was obviously fried in France, of course, but... still disappointing.

As always thought provoking Points , I am surprised you left out comments on tommy d's ride :)
Cheers
The morning race rocked I agree must see stuff

Fixed
08-23-2012, 04:39 PM
News flash the cameras have lost the riders
Cheers :bike:

cnighbor1
08-23-2012, 05:14 PM
ain't little in my cycling world
Did you notice how some riders just got off bikes at end and laid done
I have done 12,000 once in CO

Fixed
08-23-2012, 05:40 PM
ain't little in my cycling world
Did you notice how some riders just got off bikes at end and laid done
I have done 12,000 once in CO

You ain't no pro ,Well maybe you are :)
Cheers

oldpotatoe
08-24-2012, 07:54 AM
Co-sign the technology is pretty good... Regardless of my distaste for the Garmin bum squad (but go Tejay!) I gotta say, emphatically...

David Harmon + Sean Kelly (Eurosport Vuelta) are way way way way better than Phil & Paul here, there, everywhere, always.

Depends on whether or not they comment before or after lunch.....