PDA

View Full Version : riding in Stanwood WA?

forrestw
08-19-2012, 06:21 AM
Are there any forum members there or that know the region? I'm gonna be there for a couple days, bringing fixed gear ride with me.

Ray
08-19-2012, 08:45 AM
Just cross the bridge over to Camano Island and explore. Relatively lightly travelled roads, only one way on and off of the island, but a lot of little backroads on the island. I haven't been on Camano in several years, but even if its developed somewhat, I can't believe the traffic has gotten too bad. Or if you want really flat roads, stay on the mainland and just don't venture too far east of I-5 - lots of dead flat farmland with long straight roads in that area. Camano is really pretty and adds some hills, but nothing too intense...

-Ray

Roger M
08-19-2012, 10:25 AM
I'll just ad to what Ray already mentioned.

Arlington is about 15 miles east of Stanwood. There is a paved trail that heads south from there, for about 25 miles to Snohomish(the Centennial Trail). There's plenty of back roads to peel off on anywhere along the trail.

I think Camano Island would be a good idea also.

cnighbor1
08-19-2012, 11:24 AM
go north to La Conner and ride the flats of the tulips feilds You can even get to Bellingham along chuckanut drive
or go to san jauns via ferry at Anacortes Islands fun to ride though only 20 miles max distance. But if boarding by bicycle only you avoid summer crowds and once a mile past island ferry stop the worlds slows down so fast. it is just you and your bike.
or take 20 down thru islands (no ferry needed and cross back via ferry to Mukiteo and standwood all in one day

forrestw
08-24-2012, 01:20 AM
Thanks guys! Exactly what I was hoping to learn. I've been out riding in some steep terrain, wil get to the flat bits Saturday