PDA

View Full Version : Today's THE day

Bruce K
09-28-2005, 04:55 AM
The Davis Phinney Foundation Raffle winner will be drawn today in Las Vegas, I assume at Intebike.

If one of us is lucky enough to win, we're gonna share the news, right? :banana:

No gloating allowed..... well, maybe a little. ;)

BK

shinomaster
09-28-2005, 04:58 AM
Ok, how many tickets did you buy Bruce???

Kevin
09-28-2005, 05:35 AM
If one of us is lucky enough to win, we're gonna share the news, right? :banana:

BK

There will be some serious gloating if one of us is lucky enough to win. I think there will be a little :banana: :banana: followed by :p with some $hit eating :D and then a little :bike: over our fellow forum members. Unless of course if Sandy wins and then there will be a lot of :crap: followed by :butt: .

Kevin

jpw
09-28-2005, 06:38 AM
The Davis Phinney Foundation Raffle winner will be drawn today in Las Vegas, I assume at Intebike.

BK
No gloating :confused: !

I want my money back!!!

Phil Liggett and I have... an 'arrangement'.

I ride it in the Summer, he rides it in the Winter. ;). Seems fair...to me. :D

Argos
09-28-2005, 08:27 AM
You guys can tear up all your tickets. I have this one in the bag. I've been training for this drawing ALL summer. I tapered down this week and am totally ready. BRING IT ON! YEAH! C'MON! LET'S GO!!!!

Sorry, just getting psych'ed up.

Argos
09-28-2005, 08:30 AM
Just one more thing. My wife and I are closing on our new home today. How freakin' awesome would this be as a topper! Seriously, I do not have this sort of luck, but man, wow, this would be the icing on the cake. And I'll have a new Garage door to take pics of it in front of!

Good Luck to everyone, and more importantly, lets hope they raise enough money and we start to see serious advances in this reasearch.

jpw
09-28-2005, 08:43 AM
I have to warn you that I've been working on my telekinesis technique in recent days. My unconscious mind in now locked on to the GPS coordinates of a certain little raffle tumbler in Las Vegas. Confidence remains high.

Will it be :D , or will it be :crap: ?

The tension.....it's palpable!!!!!!

Bruce K
09-28-2005, 09:17 AM
I bought one ticket.

It was all the budget would allow with the other fund-raising I have been doing for the various charity events I have ridden in this year.

But one should be enough! :D :banana: :rolleyes: :beer:

So every one else, KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF MY MEIVICI !! :no: :no: :no:

BK

Argos
09-28-2005, 09:25 AM
Does anyone know what time I should expect my phone call?

jpw
09-28-2005, 09:29 AM
Only the winner gets called ;)

Argos
09-28-2005, 09:40 AM
Exactly! :D

jpw
09-28-2005, 10:02 AM
The dedicated line has just been installed. I'm r-e-a-d-y :p

Bruce K
09-28-2005, 11:35 AM
The drawing is supposed to be at 5:00PM local time in Las Vegas in Room 106 at The Sands.

At least that's the reported info in Leonard Zinn's column in Velonews.

BK

SoCalSteve
09-28-2005, 12:17 PM
as I'll be getting THE call.

Sorry to the rest of you.

Steve

CNY rider
09-28-2005, 12:20 PM
Ben, in case my phone is busy when you call I'd like that in a 54X54.

Thanks.

BumbleBeeDave
09-28-2005, 12:40 PM
. . . that this was a raffle for the PROTOTYPE--which is already built.

BBDave

CNY rider
09-28-2005, 02:03 PM
What exactly would someone do with the prototype if it didn't just happen to be the right size?

World's most expensive oversized paperweight?

dbrown
09-28-2005, 02:15 PM
I've made arrangements to be home all evening in order to make it easy for them to notify me. With 1 in 1000 odds of winning, my chance of winning is better than almost every other raffle I've ever entered. If I don't win, I hope one of you do!

jpw
09-28-2005, 02:28 PM
. . . that this was a raffle for the PROTOTYPE--which is already built.

BBDave
Wrong :p

It's a custom fit for the winner :D

jpw
09-28-2005, 02:29 PM
What exactly would someone do with the prototype if it didn't just happen to be the right size?

World's most expensive oversized paperweight?
Exactly :D
It's a no-brainer- deductive logic gives the answer. ;)

SoCalSteve
09-28-2005, 02:30 PM
It will be a completly custom bike. You deal with your local Serotta dealer. Just like buying a custom Serotta without having to break out the credit card!

Steve

jpw
09-28-2005, 02:31 PM
I've made arrangements to be home all evening in order to make it easy for them to notify me. With 1 in 1000 odds of winning, my chance of winning is better than almost every other raffle I've ever entered. If I don't win, I hope one of you do!

I don't think they sold all the tickets. It may be 1/ 750 ish odds. Even better for ticket holders, but it's sad they didn't raise more cash for their cause.

spiderman
09-28-2005, 05:48 PM
i would have received electronic confirmation
about my victory...

dehoopta
09-28-2005, 06:04 PM
Kathy told me you have been calling all week to buy the LAST ticket. Don't think it will work. My wife was schmoozing Phil, Kathy and Ben at the Sunflower Rev ride to win. She wants to win and gloat to me that her bike is better than my CdA!!!! After all I went to get it, she thinks the next bike should be hers!! Worst thing is I bought the ticket!!!

I think I will go back to running if she gets the bike!

Bruce K
09-28-2005, 08:31 PM
The last ticket thing was a superstition that worked for a freind of mine back when I was doing sport kite competitions.

He won with amazing regularity.

At a 2004 TdF party I thought I had bought the last tickets when a guy came up and bought 5 after me. He won an autographed Euskatel jersey (the whole TdF team), and a set of Ksyriums!!

Alas, it appears not to have worked this time.

DRAT. :crap: :crap: :crap:

BK