PDA

View Full Version : Oakley product experience request

ljmiller
08-16-2012, 11:24 PM
I am in the market for some new sunglasses, and would like to gather some data from y'all about (specifically, but not limited to) the Radars (path, pitch, range, etc.) and Jawbones (or newer flak/racing jacket variations).

What I'm specifically interested in is:
- How they fit (relative to your face, info about face size features is appreciated)

- What lenses work best for what situation, and which is the overall best

- Which model you like best (open criteria, just please denote)

- Anything else ya wanna/have to say about them!

Thanks in advice for anything you can contribute

Lucien.

FlashUNC
08-17-2012, 08:09 AM
I had a pair of Jawbones for about 6 months. Liked the fit of them a lot, but the hinge created a nice blind spot for looking over my shoulder for traffic that my Rudy Projects or Smiths don't.

Great glasses over all, just didn't work for me.

soupless
08-17-2012, 08:32 AM
I have Radar Paths and love them. My face is on the roundish side, and maybe I've got big cheeks or something, because when I would smile, Jawbones would ride up on my face.

The paths have little cutouts to prevent that.

BCS
08-17-2012, 08:59 AM
I had a pair of Jawbones for about 6 months. Liked the fit of them a lot, but the hinge created a nice blind spot for looking over my shoulder
Great glasses over all, just didn't work for me.

I had the same experience. I sold them and bought a pair of Radars. I have two sets of lenses. Photochromic clear to black iridium and +Red for bright days. I find these too dark for riding off-road. It is harder to spot obstacles in the woods.

I also have a pair of half jacket XLJs with fire iridium polarized lenses. These don't look quite as dorky off the bike.