PDA

View Full Version : Paceline Forums has helped me by...

Aaron O
08-15-2012, 09:05 AM
This is a great forum and the classifieds are an awesome resource. I want to thank everyone for offering me great advice on my recent lighting issue. It's awesome having a forum where I get to watch the advice and listen to the experiences of folks who know a lot more than I do.

What is great about this place to you?

wooly
08-15-2012, 09:08 AM
I've made some pals.

I've spent some money.

I've made some money.

I've learned something new.

All in all - I'm a fan.

buldogge
08-15-2012, 09:14 AM
Good (read: interesting) people.
Generally good conversation.
Great information.
Wonderful classifieds.

BAD influences.

-Mark in St. Louis

Aaron O
08-15-2012, 09:22 AM
Good (read: interesting) people.
Generally good conversation.
Great information.
Wonderful classifieds.

BAD influences.

-Mark in St. Louis

Seriously - I need to stop asking for advice on frames here and BF - it's ALWAYS BUY IT! N+1!

jr59
08-15-2012, 09:31 AM
Seriously - I need to stop asking for advice on frames here and BF - it's ALWAYS BUY IT! N+1!

IMO; That's the only downside to this forum.
I went from a couple of nice bikes, to way to many to ride and more on the way! :mad:

Other than that, I really like this place. Of course I don't always agree with some things. Heck, that's life, if we all thought the same way it would be a very boring world indeed.

Aaron O
08-15-2012, 09:35 AM
IMO; That's the only downside to this forum.
I went from a couple of nice bikes, to way to many to ride and more on the way! :mad:

Other than that, I really like this place. Of course I don't always agree with some things. Heck, that's life, if we all thought the same way it would be a very boring world indeed.

+1...at least most of the folks disagreeing with you here are intelligent and literate. I think because we're mostly older than internet average, we may not have an accurate idea of how much better this place is than 99% of the beehive.

You almost had me bidding on that Spectrum! Part of me wishes that I had - it was exceptional and sold for a song.

William
08-15-2012, 09:38 AM
I've met, broken bread, and ridden with many folks from the forum.
Made lasting friendships.
Bought some cool stuff at great prices.
Given away some things just to add to the good forum karma.
Learned a lot about cycling.
Learned a lot about OT subjects.

The forum participants have vast cycling knowledge as well as personal experience to share. It's what makes this a great place to hang out.

William

firerescuefin
08-15-2012, 10:03 AM
Some great/generous people on here...having met a ridden with more than a few.

Between builders, shop owners, fitters, racers, enthusiasts...and SMEs from other professions....and incredible amount of knowledge.

I enjoy spirited conversation...for example Aaron and I have disagreed (vehemently) on more than one occasion, but I would be the first guy to go for a ride with him and buy him a beer.

The "tools" come and go...personally would like the mods to have a heavier hand..but that's a slippery slope and KNOW they are doing the best they can.

Seeing that the forum is on its umpteenth iteration...the prediction of its demise has been overstated.

Aaron O
08-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Some great/generous people on here...having met a ridden with more than a few.

Between builders, shop owners, fitters, racers, enthusiasts...and SMEs from other professions....and incredible amount of knowledge.

I enjoy spirited conversation...for example Aaron and I have disagreed (vehemently) on more than one occasion, but I would be the first guy to go for a ride with him and buy him a beer.

The "tools" come and go...personally would like the mods to have a heavier hand..but that's a slippery slope and KNOW they are doing the best they can.

Seeing that the forum is on its umpteenth iteration...the prediction of its demise has been overstated.

I might not always agree with you, but I always respect you and appreciate where you're coming from. I'd go for a ride with ya' and have a beer anytime.

crownjewelwl
08-15-2012, 10:07 AM
not join FACEBOOK...

i get my social internet fix satisfied here...pathetic

FlashUNC
08-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Way better here than a lot of other places.

And yeah, we'll disagree about stuff. But we disagree about bike racing -- which is just a perpetual disagreement of any sports fans -- and bike stuff.

It's all relative.

The overwhelming majority of people here are cool and even when we don't agree, I'll still happily ride with anybody passing through the Charlotte area.

texbike
08-15-2012, 10:22 AM
The forum has been valuable to me because the discussions aren't just about bikes. There are some really sharp people on this board with years of experience that have careers in publishing, media, finance, education, art, politics, manufacturing, technology, medicine, and of course the cycling industry (just to name a few). It's this breadth of experience in multiple areas and perspectives on economics, family, pets, politics, business, and bikes that keeps me coming back. I love it.

Group hug!

Texbike

tv_vt
08-15-2012, 10:37 AM
I'll second Wooly's comments above. I'm a fan. There are good days and bad days, bad posts and good ones, good forumites and some obnoxious ones, too, but all in all, this is a great hangout for bike nerds.

Thom

buldogge
08-15-2012, 10:40 AM
Definitely +1 to this...

-Mark

The forum has been valuable to me because the discussions aren't just about bikes. There are some really sharp people on this board with years of experience that have careers in publishing, media, finance, education, art, politics, manufacturing, technology, medicine, and of course the cycling industry (just to name a few). It's this breadth of experience in multiple areas and perspectives on economics, family, pets, politics, business, and bikes that keeps me coming back. I love it.

Group hug!

Texbike

Aaron O
08-15-2012, 10:52 AM
Agree with everything Text wrote as well...most of the folks here are VERY bright and have a lot to offer on a variety of subjects. I even got some terrific resume advice, which worked.

This is a great forum...instead of complaining about the things we don't like, it might be helpful to focus on all the things we do like.

texbike
08-15-2012, 11:17 AM
Agree with everything Text wrote as well...most of the folks here are VERY bright and have a lot to offer on a variety of subjects. I even got some terrific resume advice, which worked.

This is a great forum...instead of complaining about the things we don't like, it might be helpful to focus on all the things we do like.

Just as a point of clarification, it's Tex-bike not Text (Tex=Texas). :)

There are boneheads and people that we will disagree with wherever we go (unless you go to Canada and then EVERYONE is agreeable!), so the forum is just a microcosm of life in general. However, I'm of the opinion that this forum brings together an above-par group of individuals with positive contributions that far outweigh any of the annoyances (even PSAs ). Just kidding about the PSAs... I actually like them.

Texbike

Fixed
08-15-2012, 11:35 AM
Thanks for letting me swim in the forum pool , we all have to try to keep from peeing in though to keep water clean . I value the opinions here they carry over to more things than just bikes IMHO
Cheers

jlwdm
08-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Just as a point of clarification, it's Tex-bike not Text (Tex=Texas). :)

Texbike

So do you text? Are you against texting?

Jeff

texbike
08-15-2012, 08:12 PM
Are you against texting?

Jeff

Only when I'm riding. Another great lesson learned on this forum... :)

Texbike