PDA

View Full Version : Riding in Just Bibs

estilley
08-14-2012, 07:49 PM
Saw someone going jersey-less this afternoon. Seems to be a good way to beat the heat.

Anyone done it?

gasman
08-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Only Borat has

Louis
08-14-2012, 07:54 PM
20 years ago, back when I was an idiot, and 20 lbs lighter than I am today. (wore shorts, not bibs)

Something I'm not terribly proud of.

rwsaunders
08-14-2012, 08:03 PM
Only Borat has

mike p
08-14-2012, 08:38 PM
If you google " not cool or dork" a picture of a jersey-less guy will pop up.

Mike

rice rocket
08-14-2012, 08:42 PM
I've seen someone wear bibs over a jersey.

Louis
08-14-2012, 08:44 PM

Makes sense to me. Coverall bibs go over the t-shirt, why not cycling bibs?

FlashUNC
08-14-2012, 08:47 PM
Yeah......no.

cat6
08-14-2012, 08:49 PM
Daughters of Mara was a rockband based in Los Angeles, California. The group included the singer Shawn Zuzek, the former The Mars Volta drummer Dave Elitch, the lead guitarist from Submersed Eric Friedman and the current bassist in Marilyn Manson Andy Gerold. Daughters Of Mara's first album, I Am Destroyer, was produced by Garth Richardson (Mudvayne, Rage Against The Machine) and was released on Virgin Records. The group disbanded in 2008. The album was remastered and re-released in 2012.

Louis
08-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Because you want to use your jersey pockets?

Amazingly enough, I got some bibs the other day (can't remember the brand) that have a small pocket at the back, where the two straps come together! So, I could put something like a CO2 cartridge in there!

MattTuck
08-14-2012, 08:57 PM
Amazingly enough, I got some bibs the other day (can't remember the brand) that have a small pocket at the back, where the two straps come together! So, I could put something like a CO2 cartridge in there!

yeah, it's like how some cops keep a second gun in an ankle holster...

gone
08-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Only once when I'd accidentally left my jersey at home and had driven about 25 miles to where I was going to start my ride.

I still have the outline of the bibs on my back left over from the terrific sunburn I got and that was two years ago.

Grant McLean
08-14-2012, 09:21 PM
Only once when I'd accidentally left my jersey at home and had driven about 25 miles to where I was going to start my ride.

I still have the outline of the bibs on my back left over from the terrific sunburn I got and that was two years ago.

You drove without a shirt on too????

-g

MattTuck
08-14-2012, 09:25 PM

-g

Maybe he was driving from work and wearing a button up shirt?

estilley
08-14-2012, 09:28 PM

-g

I believe that's illegal and a $10 ticket in Thailand.

christian
08-14-2012, 09:28 PM
Were you being passed by Pippo Pozzato training in Tenerife?

http://elcyclista.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/pippo.jpg

MattTuck
08-14-2012, 09:36 PM
Were you being passed by Pippo Pozzato training in Tenerife?

http://elcyclista.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/pippo.jpg

haha. He is exactly the pro I would have picked to be worrying about his tan lines.

priceless.

goonster
08-14-2012, 09:37 PM
The horror.

Is that what happens when you join a Russian team?

Even the Yakuza know the only place you show your koi tats is at the onsen . . .

Fixed
08-14-2012, 09:39 PM
The new village people are holding auditions
Cheers :)

Aaron_Kellogg
08-14-2012, 10:09 PM
If you google " not cool or dork" a picture of a jersey-less guy will pop up.

Mike

He'll be riding next to "guy with hanes beefy T tucked into bib shorts" I see that guy a lot.

AgilisMerlin
08-14-2012, 11:42 PM
Anyone done it?

i need to sit down, throw a piece of gum in, and give someone a call on this thread - riding bibs no jersey :eek:

false_Aest
08-14-2012, 11:45 PM
</thread>

d_douglas
08-15-2012, 12:32 AM

My newbie buddy did that the first time he wore some bibs. He is a really good friend, so I just told him he looked like a moron. He laughed, got embarrassed, switched order of garments and got on with the ride.

Funny ;)

GuyGadois
08-15-2012, 08:43 AM
Only Borat has

Tread carefully :eek:

weiwentg
08-15-2012, 08:48 AM
I've seen a not-so-slim gentlemen ride in just bibs. I had to avert my eyes.

gone
08-15-2012, 09:23 AM

-g
It's been a few years but IIRC, yes. I was coming from a pool and had swimming trunks and shoes on with my riding stuff in the back.

rugbysecondrow
08-15-2012, 09:42 AM
I will don the cone of shame for those not coming forward, I have done it and it is comfy. I have even raced in triathlons in just bibs without jersey. Why the redundancy? I am no slave to fashion and, frankly, all cycling clothes are pretty ridiculous, so riding in just a bib is no great deviation. Why not wear what is most comfy? I also ride in my Keen sandals all summer and I have been known wear a t-shirt on my rides.

William
08-15-2012, 09:48 AM
The bit of "roadie" still left in me wants to avert the eyes, but then I realize I'm just happy to see someone riding.:cool:

Ride on my friend, right on!:cool:

William

Bruce K
08-15-2012, 10:02 AM
Almost happened at a local crit last week

Guy showed up with everything except his team jersey so he rode in bibs and a t-shirt. He put the bibs over to keep it from flapping (I guess).

Weird but not blinding. Richard Frees had a real good time with the whole thing.

BK

zennmotion
08-15-2012, 10:13 AM
I will don the cone of shame for those not coming forward, I have done it and it is comfy. I have even raced in triathlons in just bibs without jersey. Why the redundancy? I am no slave to fashion and, frankly, all cycling clothes are pretty ridiculous, so riding in just a bib is no great deviation. Why not wear what is most comfy? I also ride in my Keen sandals all summer and I have been known wear a t-shirt on my rides.

Baltimore. 'Nuff said:cool:

ergott
08-15-2012, 10:30 AM

Race radio.

MattTuck
08-15-2012, 10:34 AM
Race radio.

Louis is going pro, didn't you know? ;)

Louis
08-15-2012, 10:54 AM
Louis is going pro, didn't you know? ;)

Perhaps, but I'm of the post-modern "no radio" persuasion.

pavel
08-15-2012, 12:47 PM
If you want to be cool, you'll wear a cotton t-shirt tucked into your bibs while wearing new balances on BMX pedals.

Everyone else is just a poser.

Fixed
08-15-2012, 12:51 PM

Things you can get away with when you are in you 20 and 30's
Not so good on an older guy .
:eek: cheers

rugbysecondrow
08-15-2012, 12:53 PM
Things you can get away with when you are in you 20 and 30's
Not so good on an older guy .
:eek: cheers

I figure, so long as I don't have man titties I am OK.

Waldo
08-15-2012, 12:59 PM
I believe that's illegal and a $10 ticket in Thailand.

And a 1,000-lash offense in Singapore!

Waldo
08-15-2012, 01:05 PM

sounds like "people of Walmart" :-)

bambam
08-15-2012, 01:28 PM
sounds like "people of Walmart" :-)

While looking at people of wall mart, more than a year ago, I saw a picture of some girl wearing Italian flag bike shorts(green left,white center, red right). The interesting thing about the shorts was the pubic region was covered with a rendition of the Twig and Berries and adorned with the salad that surrounds the area.

I kinda want those shorts.:)

on a side note, I believe you can get away with wearing bibs only If:
1. your a Wrestler, or
2. your a Wrasler

I believe you can get away with wearing your jersey under your bibs in an homage to 80's band wear buit make it flashy, ala David Lee Roth.

wear what you want but own it! you may start the new fashon thing. :)

HenryA
08-15-2012, 05:19 PM
I seem to remember a photo I saw once of a young lady wearing only cycling bibs and no shirt. At the time I thought it pleasantly refreshing.

Fixed
08-15-2012, 05:57 PM
I figure, so long as I don't have man titties I am OK.

You are still young :). And strong go get them
Cheers