PDA

View Full Version : Ride suggestions- Corvallis to Tucson

sjbraun
08-12-2012, 07:09 PM
I'll be driving with my daughter to Corvallis at the end of the month, (she starts an MFA program at OSU in the fall.)
I plan to take 4-5 days returning to Tucson. I'd like to plan a 2-4 hour ride each day before I get in the car. I'll spend at least one day in Bend visiting an old friend, after that I can pretty much get back any way I want: inland through Tahoe and Las Vegas or back to the coast and down Hwy 1.

Any thoughts on must do rides?

-Steve

Birddog
08-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Old McKenzie Pass outside of Bend if you like climbing. I would think both Bryce and Zion would be good too. Several passes (Monitor, Sonora, etc)between S Lake Tahoe and Yosemite that would be good as well. If you do some of these rides, be sure to take lots of pictures and post them on the board. I'm getting sick of that erotica that Velotel keeps rubbing our noses in.

ORMojo
08-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Or Cascade Lakes Highway loop from/to Bend, but your friend in Bend can probably provide plenty of suggestions for a ride or two around there.

Crater Lake rim road. I strongly suggest that 33 mile loop. Some climbing, and a good workout given that you are doing all 33 miles above 7,000 feet. On the day you are leaving Bend, head out early and Crater Lake is only 2 hours south. You'll get in the ride before Noon and be headed in the right direction.