PDA

View Full Version : Don't try this at home...

shinomaster
09-26-2005, 09:06 PM
Last night I put a big expensive bottle of Belgian beer in my freezer to chill it quickly...then I forgot about it because I started drinking Old Rasputen Imperial Stout, and then went to bed...
I just opened my freezer and Boom!! Frozen beer every where! What a waste. :no:

harlond
09-26-2005, 09:14 PM
I've made the same mistake, and I'm sorry to hear it. Especially since the Imperial Stout was not put to its optimal use.

FierteTi52
09-26-2005, 09:22 PM
Old Rasputen Imperial Stout, :no:

One of my favorites. Great taste and potent 9.25%.
Jeff

cookieguy
09-26-2005, 09:41 PM
The bottle of Chimay in my fridge is sounding appealing.....

JeffreyG
09-26-2005, 09:53 PM
In the don't try this at home category, at least you didnt do something like this after drinking Old Rasputen Imperial Stout.

Lost Weekend
09-26-2005, 10:21 PM
Now that really is alcohol abuse!

Wayne77
09-26-2005, 10:25 PM
Last night I put a big expensive bottle of Belgian beer in my freezer to chill it quickly...then I forgot about it because I started drinking Old Rasputen Imperial Stout, and then went to bed...

No waste...Beer popsicles!! :banana:

Bud
09-27-2005, 09:07 AM
Too bad, man. It happens to the best of us.

I love the imports, but Fat Tire :beer: is my usual carb fuel of choice. We went to the Tour de Fat the other day at the New Belguim brewery in Ft Collins and had a great time. Lots of bikes, beer and bands.

shinomaster
09-28-2005, 05:04 AM
and believe me...frozen abby ale tastes like crap. :crap:

William
09-28-2005, 05:14 AM
I tried some Old Rasputen Imperial Stout recently. Pretty good actually......but Raspy's picture on the bottle kind of spooked Mrs William. She didn't want to try it and stuck to the Guiness Extra Stout.
http://beer.trash.net/img/beers/741.jpg

8.9 % alc. vol.

OLD RASPUTIN RUSSIAN IMPERIAL STOUT "Never Say Die!" Contrary to what the name suggests, Russian Imperial Stout was originally brewed in 18th Century England. The name evolved as the Russian Imperial Court developed an early appreciation for this big, intense brew and provided a ready and eager export market. It's been speculated that no one had a greater appreciation for this rich, roasty elixir than Rasputin, the mystic wag (and favorite of the ladies of the court), who was the ultimate downfall of Czar Nicholas II. Rasputin is probably best remembered for his dramatic exit. Having been deemed politically expendable, he was fed poisoned wine and tea cakes by his rivals. Surviving that, he was shot several times - whereupon he attacked his assailants. He finally succumbed when bound and stuffed through a hole in the ice to drown in the River Neva. Legends that attribute his tenacity to his appetite for Russian Imperial Stout are unproven. A rich, intense brew with a robust palate, a fruity nose and a warming finish. Very complex.

:beer:

William

bcm119
09-28-2005, 06:59 PM
Why do you guys insist on talking about beer on a bike forum? ;) The Rasputin is fantastic, as is North Coast brewing. I actually like their #38 Stout a bit better- its very dry, more toasty and less fruity, and doesn't have the crippling amount of alcohol. You would like this William, its close to the Irish Dry Stout style, and the label wouldn't scare your family.

pale scotsman
09-28-2005, 07:14 PM
Don't know if you can get Sweetheart Stout in the states or not, but it's about as good as it gets. Whenever my Grandmother comes state side she brings at least 4 pints for my dad and I. You should see all the stuff she lugs through customs. It pays to be 5' tall and fiesty. God forbid anyone ask her if she's from Ireland...

Fixed
09-28-2005, 08:06 PM
bro try Delirium for good buzz.oh got to go check the freez.cheers :beer:

shinomaster
09-28-2005, 08:18 PM
Why do you guys insist on talking about beer on a bike forum? ;) The Rasputin is fantastic, as is North Coast brewing. I actually like their #38 Stout a bit better- its very dry, more toasty and less fruity, and doesn't have the crippling amount of alcohol. You would like this William, its close to the Irish Dry Stout style, and the label wouldn't scare your family.

HA ha ha hah ha...That is hilarious.. Yes I woke up today crippled because i saw War of the Worlds last night at the Laurelhurst, and had 2 Rogue stouts on Nitro.( in the theatre) (Portland is way ahead of the rest of the country-if not the world in this regard) Then went home and then had an Old Rasputan....BAD Idea...

Never had the #38 but I will certainly look for it!
Yes Fixed, Delerium is the Bong in the Regge song. Also try Lucifer, Gulden Draak, and Diabolique..

Dekonick
09-28-2005, 09:30 PM
bro try Delirium for good buzz.oh got to go check the freez.cheers :beer:

Delirium - mmmmmm nothing like a pink elephant label ....

My favorite Belgian ale is - well - all of em. I really like Duvel, any trappist ale, Hoegaarden in summer, Stella on tap (Jupiler is better...) and of course Rodenbach and DeKoninck (hence dekonick for those who wondered where I got the name...)

Now - back to bikes...

Doc Austin
09-29-2005, 04:28 PM

Are you kidding? Nothing's better than beer popcycles.