PDA

View Full Version : Bikeless

maxn
08-12-2012, 02:47 PM
My whole vacation was full of places like this… obscure but beautiful cols with incredible views. One after another. One in particular made me want to drive back to our hotel in rally mode and grab my bike. It's not a well known climb, or a super hard climb, but there was something special about the stone wall supported roads and the surrounding scenery. I took the picture from a town called Brantes, which hangs off the side of the hills overlooking the Toulourenc valley
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/46877757/IMG_4306.jpg

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been in this situation, tortured by perfect sections of Tarmac but bikeless. Post up your photos of places where you did not have your bike… but wish you did.

redir
08-12-2012, 05:51 PM
I'd have to search for pics, maybe later, but I was in Northern Spain last year without a bike. But the wine did a fine job of drowning my sorrows :-D

Just got back from Acadia in Maine USA and did a bit of riding there, glad I brought the bike.

DRZRM
08-12-2012, 08:19 PM
No pic right now but my wife and I were in Haute Bay S.A. (just outside of Cape Town) a few summers back, and I've never regretted not having a bike so much.