PDA

View Full Version : Chacos - Again

93legendti
08-10-2012, 02:55 PM
I couldn't bond with the Z1 or Z2, but 2 years on I am still loving my Chaco Flips and (old style) Chaco Paradox shoes. Interestingly, the Z1 and Z2 have made their way to Israel-the tour guides we saw were rocking them...

I know there are other Chaco lovers on the Forum...

InspectorGadget
08-10-2012, 04:23 PM
I absolutely love my Chaco flips . . . as evidenced by my tan line. ;)

I've had a pair of Z1s for 5 years and have worn them about 5 times. But I am wearing the Z1s at this very moment as I am trying to come to terms with them once and for all.

AngryScientist
08-10-2012, 04:26 PM
oh hell yea! best flips ever. if i'm not at work, i live in these all summer.

http://www.schulershoes.com/Assets/ProductImages/J100050W.jpg

dustyrider
08-10-2012, 05:43 PM
z2s all the way. I hike, bike, swim, climb, run, walk, you name it, at least 10 months out of the year.

If you don't tighten the strap they have a flip like feel. I have a $5 dollar set of flip flops for touring and sketchy showers...

93legendti
08-10-2012, 06:11 PM
I love wearing the Flips after a bike ride-like an instant foot massage.
The Paradox' are really nice-toe bumper like Keens, but more arch support and they can be worn like a "normal" shoe or a water shoe.

http://www.travelgearblog.com/archive/chaco-paradox-shoes.html

Fixed
08-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Avid beach bum I wear reef only but
Thanks Adam for the heads up I will check them out .
Cheers

93legendti
08-10-2012, 06:20 PM
Any time. They aren't cheap, but I'm on my 3rd summer with both pairs and they look brand new.

pdmtong
08-10-2012, 08:11 PM
std flips...nice but what is really nice is either hipthong or leather flip.

VTCaraco
08-10-2012, 08:14 PM
Big Chacos fan here.
Wore my last pair of Z1s every summer day for probably 4 years. Could have had them resoled, but they smelled so bad that I didn't want them in the house any more (I keep them in the saddlebag of my motorcycle so I can drop my riding pants and throw on sandals rather than wear my suit and riding boots wherever I'm headed).
New pair this year took a while to break-in; kept getting blisters on my instep, but I love 'em all over again. Maybe I'm being nostalgic, but I think the old ones were a little better. I've considered a few of their other "shoes" but have hesitated given the heft of their sandals. For a do-everything summer sandal, I LOVE the over-engineering. For normal wear, I've thought they might be a little clunky. This thread has me reconsidering that position :banana: