PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference between a Junior Member and a Member?

MallyG
12-14-2003, 03:10 PM
... and no, that's not sexual, so please don't excommunicate me from the forum!

Kevin
12-14-2003, 04:10 PM
The rumor is that you are a junior member until you have 30 posts. I am not sure if that is true. But that is the rumor.

Sandy
12-14-2003, 05:04 PM
I think the rumor must be correct. If you go to the members tab above and click on it and then click on the 10 posters who have the most posts, you will see that at this point in time the first 4 have over 30 posts and they are members, whereas unfortunate dbrk only has 29 posts and hence he is a junior member.

Sandy

Needs Help
12-14-2003, 06:57 PM
Junior members are required to send Sandy a $50 initiation fee.

Kevin
12-14-2003, 07:13 PM
He only charged you $50. He told me it was a $100.

M_A_Martin
12-14-2003, 07:23 PM
Sandy didn't tell ME about any fee!

The real answer is that Junior members have better things to do than post questions on the Serotta board all day long. :)

Keith A
12-15-2003, 08:50 AM
I guess you don't have anything else to do yourself then :D

MallyG
12-15-2003, 10:27 AM
I so so so so so want to be a Senior Member. (Hey, are they called 'Senior Members' or just 'Members'? Is there anything above that? Can't see anything in the rules and regulations about a hierarchy. Once you are a 'Member', are there any additional perks?)

Keith A
12-15-2003, 12:54 PM
Here's all there is to it...

Junior Member (Minimum Posts: 0)
Member (Minimum Posts: 30)
Senior Member (Minimum Posts: 100)

flydhest
12-15-2003, 01:15 PM
Keith,

You're doing it again! Encouraging Sandy!

:banana:

flydhest
12-15-2003, 01:16 PM
How great is that banana?!?!?!

M_A_Martin
12-15-2003, 01:27 PM
Nope Keith, I really don't. My PT won't let me climb ladders or ride bikes and I can't sit for long periods of time...so I surf from the couch...

Nice Banana Flydhest. Most guys don't ask.

Sandy
12-15-2003, 02:03 PM
Gingerbread Lady, I will not even touch that Flydhest banana comment, not now, or ever. You, my lady, will never have to pay the $50 fee. I keep picturing you in the 6 inch high heels that you mentioned before. No fees for you!

Sandy
12-15-2003, 02:12 PM
Actually, Small banana Flydhest is simply jealous since I am ahead of him in the number of posts category and am closing in on Keith A for second place. Sure dnovo is well ahead of us all, but I plan to start snatching his beautiful bikes, one at a time, so that he will have to spend more of his time trying to solve the crimes and get his bikes back. If I did not have so much trouble posting, I might have a few more. Everytime I try to skip to another line, I simply start having trouble and have to give up posting my message, so I will not do that too often, at least for now. Sandy

Keith A
12-15-2003, 03:47 PM
M_A_Martin -- so what are you seeing a PT for? I've been down that road before -- 6 months of PT after my ACL reconstruction.

Sandy -- I guess you haven't tried another browser yet to solve your typing problems. Have you tried accessing this website from another computer? Do you have the same problem? How about doing a "Windows Update" and see if there are any updates related to IE that aren't installed on your computer.

BTW, here is another version of the banana man http://www.unitethecows.com/forums/images/smilies/poop.gif

M_A_Martin
12-15-2003, 09:07 PM
Keith,
I don't think it will be six months...at least I hope not!

The most recent PT is for my right knee. I had sugery due to pain. The doctor thought it could be a torn meniscus because the knee would lock up. As it turned out, the meniscus was in great shape and the ACL was in great shape. Evidently when I had my motorcycle accident, the lining of the knee got seriously ripped to shreds and the fronds of tissue were getting caught between the bones and elsewhere and causing irritation and fluid buildup (sinovitis?). The doc went in and cut all that stuff out...looked like kindof white/pink kelp on the video monitor (I only had a spinal and wasn't "snowed" this time, it was an interesting procedure to watch.) So...where it was nothing terribly serious like a torn ACL, it still hurt like heck...and is still healing up. On the plus side, I do NOT have chondromalacia! Several doctors had suggested that when they looked at my knee when I told them that I ride a bike...the main problem with the knee cap is that my VMO shut down (as it will evidently) and the knee cap hasn't been tracking right since the accident...

Odd thing is that my left knee (that leg also had trauma in the accident) locks up and I've found that it is somewhat unstable compared to the right knee...but it doesn't hurt at all. The instability could be because I've also had a left hip scope and a right ankle surgery this year and that knee has suffered a lot of compensation without any work being done to it. It is also in PT, so we'll see how it comes out. I still won't have surgery on it unless it starts waking me up at night like the right knee did.

I'm looking forward to having a good riding year next year!

Thanks for asking!
Mary Ann

Sandy
12-16-2003, 08:11 AM
Keith, I have no idea how to try another browser, but will ask my daughter about it and will try to access the site using my daughter's computer. I have simply stopped in the middle of some posts since everything seems to freeze and I can do absolutely nothing, so I just click on to the internet again and lose whatever I have already started. I do often, after writing a post get some sort of message that I have gone above the alloted time, whatever that means. The only way that I seem to be able to post messages without too much difficulty is to simply keep typing and not try to skip any lines, just like I am doing now, and I seem to be able to keep going, but if I try to skip a line or two to sign my name, I simply run into too many problems. Sandy

Keith A
12-16-2003, 02:32 PM
Sandy -- You should have received an e-mail from me about the browser problems. Also, I just installed Mozilla on my system to see how it works and I don't have any problems editing a message.

Or spacing down. Cheers.
-Keith