PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about the Cielo Sportif Classic

DHallerman
08-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Does anyone here own a Cielo Sportif Classic (http://cielo.chrisking.com/bikes/sportif-details/)?

Or do you know someone who does?

Impressions and personal reviews welcomed.

Dave, who will be selling several bikes over the next few months to have fewer and perhaps better and the ones he'll be selling include but are not limited to a Rivendell Road Standard and a Serotta Atlanta and an Ibis Spanky and a Gunnar CrossHairs and the other one he's considering buying is a Parlee or a Calfee

FlashUNC
08-09-2012, 09:09 AM
I've heard nothing but good things about those bikes, fwiw.

The construction is overseen by Jay Sycip, if I remember correctly and its all done in-house at Chris King.

dawgie
08-09-2012, 10:06 AM
I haven't ridden one, but my LBS stocks the Cielos and they are absolutely beautiful frames. They are a decent value if you compare to most custom frames these days -- if the geometry fits you. I really like the sport touring touches on the Sportif, eg mounts for fenders and racks, room for larger tires. Finally, the colors and overall design are really classy, a welcome contrast to all of the garish bikes these days.

christian
08-09-2012, 11:12 AM
I am very impressed with them. But I also can't help thinking that for $1200 more I could have a steel Strada Bianca. And I think that's where I'd end up.

phcollard
08-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Those pics on the website make me drool! Beautiful, beautiful bike!

dbh
08-09-2012, 02:17 PM
I've lusted after one since they were announced a few years back. Can't afford it right now, but it's the ideal modern sports tourer. Love that they have so many stock sizes, and that they included all the small design flourishes like the seat stay caps, fork crown, and dropouts. Hard to justify a custom sports tourer unless you need it for the geo or lust for lugs.