PDA

View Full Version : STOLEN Univega sportour with 600 (baby blue, 50-52ish) Boston

Honey
08-08-2012, 05:02 PM
It was a gift to my girlfriend from me and was stolen from her apartment building bike room behind the shaws on bolyston behind fenway (probably the landlords as they fit into the category of very sketchy and the leases on all the apts end in 3 weeks). I'll be checking craigslist but other eyes and ears are always helpful. It was super clean (barely a month old build), rust free, minimal tire wear and I was just about to tighten the brake cables as they'd stretched out a touch and the left side handlebar tape needed to be re-wrapped as it was coming off a bit at the top.

it will probably be gutted, frankenbiked and sold on the other side of the country so it's probably a lost cause but i figured i'd throw something up in case anyone runs across it. Any leads are hugely appreciated thanks guys.

Orrery
08-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Sorry to hear that; it sucks. I'll keep my eyes out.

scrubadub
08-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Sorry to hear about the theft. My condolences...

My friend's bike was stolen and luckily the cops pulled the thieves over in CT. Supposedly they were on their way to NYC where I'm guessing the bikes get stripped and parted out (and probably dumped on eBay). That said, I'll keep a lookout and hope that you get lucky and find your bike.

DRZRM
08-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Aw dude, that sucks. Rental insurance?

Honey
08-09-2012, 07:51 AM
scrub yeah thats what i figure. insurance doesnt work cause of the deductible.
it's a bummer.

if anyone has any cheap 52ish road bikes or knows of any I'm already starting the search for a replacement