PDA

View Full Version : bohemia---rapha style

thwart
08-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Scenery alone makes it worth watching, no doubt...

http://www.rapha.cc/bohemia/?cm_mmc=email-_-070812-_-img-_-bohemia

54ny77
08-08-2012, 02:33 PM
Coming soon to a Rapha store near you:

http://images1.vat19.com/covers/large/beardo-hat-gray.jpg

zennmotion
08-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Coming soon to a Rapha store near you:

http://images1.vat19.com/covers/large/beardo-hat-gray.jpg

The truth hurts. I liked the video, if I could just look past the overwrought fashionista "suffering" of the Rapha dudes. I like that there's finally a dudette though. And the music finally doesn't suck on this one, I would have picked Dvorak over Wagner though.

joep2517
08-08-2012, 08:22 PM
thwart,

Thanks for the link. I used to live in Prague and scenery in Bohemia is amazing. One day I want to go back with a bike and ride the country. The Czech Republic is incredible - great people, great beer, and ... (what else do you need?). :)

fiamme red
08-08-2012, 09:31 PM
The truth hurts. I liked the video, if I could just look past the overwrought fashionista "suffering" of the Rapha dudes. I like that there's finally a dudette though. And the music finally doesn't suck on this one, I would have picked Dvorak over Wagner though.It's Mahler, actually.

Beautiful scenery, nicely edited video. Too bad they couldn't have left the poseur cyclists out of it. :)

oldpotatoe
08-09-2012, 08:13 AM
It's Mahler, actually.

Beautiful scenery, nicely edited video. Too bad they couldn't have left the poseur cyclists out of it. :)

Geeez..if it didn't have Rapha on it I doubt anybody would have said anything about 'Posseur cyclists'.

I liked it, even the guy with spam on his bicycle. We should all be so lucky to do that ride and have that lunch.

Hell of a lot better than anything produced by any other cycling clothes company.

goonster
08-09-2012, 08:20 AM
It's Mahler, actually.
And he's a genuine Bohemian!

(Had to look it up, since he's generally most closely associated with Linz.)

cfox
08-09-2012, 08:24 AM
It's Mahler, actually.

I'll assume your kidding about the poseur part...cuz they actually rode, they didn't lounge around a cafe. I've met some Rapha dudes, not a poseur amongst them.

charliedid
08-09-2012, 08:28 AM
***** white people do...

cmg
08-09-2012, 08:43 AM
and for just $150 a jersey! have to pay for the commercial somehow. now that's Ralpha.....

fiamme red
08-09-2012, 09:13 AM
I'll assume your kidding about the poseur part...cuz they actually rode, they didn't lounge around a cafe. I've met some Rapha dudes, not a poseur amongst them.By "poseur" I meant that they take themselves far too seriously. They have that unsmiling "glory through suffering" look on their faces (of course the film editor tried to show that as much as possible). It's just a fun group ride through beautiful countryside, not a professional race! No need to act like a martyr.

oldpotatoe
08-09-2012, 09:36 AM
By "poseur" I meant that they take themselves far too seriously. They have that unsmiling "glory through suffering" look on their faces (of course the film editor tried to show that as much as possible). It's just a fun group ride through beautiful countryside, not a professional race! No need to act like a martyr.

Yep, they really looked like they were suffering when they tipped the cool, local brew, and nodded off in the wee nap one of them took.

fiamme red
08-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Yep, they really looked like they were suffering when they tipped the cool, local brew, and nodded off in the wee nap one of them took.They drank beer and napped during the ride? I must have missed that. :)

1happygirl
08-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Hahaha Thwart
Agree! The large exhales exhales while drinking beer, but it's Rapha! I don't martyr myself that much and I'm a girl.
They always have great cinematography and locations though. I'd love it if they'd sell their films through their stores or website! I'd like to show others some of the films(not everyone has Internet)