PDA

View Full Version : Lance to host SNL!

BumbleBeeDave
09-25-2005, 03:19 PM
I kid you not! I was sitting in the local bagel shop with my bagel and cuppa this AM and it was in the “Names and Faces” section at the top of page two of the Gazette. And yes, you guessed it, Sheryl is the musical guest. It’s supposed to be sometime in October, though it won’t be the first week. The story said the guy from the “40 year old Virgin” movie is hosting the premiere.

I have not watched SNL in absolutely YEARS, but I suppose this is going to be the ultimate train wreck TV fest . . . I know I shouldn’t be looking, but I won’t be able to help myself . . . :crap:

Any suggestions on what kind of skits they‘re going to have? There’s gotta be one with Lance and others on trainers in front of the blue screen with the Tour going by in the background, with requisite fat guy, thin guy, and other humorous “teammates.” I assume they will also have their share of one-testicle jokes, Sheryl Crow jokes, and Lance walking out to do the opening monologue with an IV hook-up trailing after him.

Do you think Jan will make a guest appearance? How ‘bout D*** Pound?

Hmmm . . . perhaps forum members could help them out by suggesting some skits? (Hint! Hint!)

BBDave

Tony Edwards
09-25-2005, 03:28 PM
I'll definitely watch this, but that doesn't mean it's not a terrible idea. Lance has never appeared to me to have much of a sense of humor, and SNL in its current iteration is almost unwatchable. I guess we'll see . . .

Bill Bove
09-25-2005, 03:47 PM
On too late for me, I'd tivo it but I don't have a tivo :crap:

Only Belushi could save this one. :help:

BumbleBeeDave
09-25-2005, 03:48 PM
. . . to see what they try to get away with joking about or getting him to do. Given his situation with the doping accusations, I don’t see him being very forgiving about jokes or skits concerning that. As for anything involving other cyclists or people like Pound or Verbruggen, how many Americans will understand the references anyway? Ithink to most Americans he is a hero and they watch to see him win, but they don’t remember or care about anyone else in the race. I see them trying to come up with very broad, lowest-common-denominator type humor making fun of the French in general, cycling in general, he and Sheryl in general, etc. It would be hilarious, but I just don’t see them having Jan come out to do a guest spot in a fat suit . . .

I wonder if Lance will do a reprise of Belushi’s famous spot about “little chocolate donuts--the training food of champions!” . . . ?

BBDave

Bill Bove
09-25-2005, 04:00 PM
I wonder if Lance will do a reprise of Belushi’s famous spot about “little chocolate donuts--the training food of champions!” . . . ?
BBDave
:banana: :banana: Been working for me for years :banana: :banana:

Ray
09-25-2005, 04:16 PM
:banana: :banana: Been working for me for years :banana: :banana:
Yeah, me too, except for the "champions" part :D

-Ray

BumbleBeeDave
09-25-2005, 06:18 PM
. . . that the older stars of SNL could have done something great with this.

Chevy Chase falling off the bike every thirty seconds. Eddie Murphy doing Buckwheat in the Peloton and making the censors cringe. Dan Ackroyd as the slimy toy importer marketing plastic bags to kids to put over their heads as “Lance Armstrong Mini-Altitude Tents.” Jan Hooks playing Lance’s mom in a catfight with Sheryl over who gets to tuck him in at night. Hans and Franz berating LA for his spindly physique, telling him “We’re gonna PUMP--Clap!--YOU UP!” Will Ferrel doing a celebrity Jeopardy episode with Lance, Eddie M., and Sean Connery, with Connery the only one to get the cycling questions right.

But can you imagine John Belushi on a time trial bike, flying down the road while slamming down little chocolate donuts handed to him by Sheryl in the team car? Or “Samurai Soigneur?” . . . The mind boggles.

BBDave

Ray
09-25-2005, 06:24 PM
Bicycling beeeen berrrrry berrrry GOOD to ME!

Garrett Morris as, perhaps, Roberto Heras?

-Ray

Fixed
09-25-2005, 06:40 PM
bro. I don't have a t.v. maybe I can go to someones house or down to the law office and watch it when does it come on? Cheers :beer:

William
09-26-2005, 09:37 AM
....Lance you ignorant Slut! :D

;) ;) ;)

William

andy mac
09-26-2005, 09:46 AM
what do people think - higher % of dopers in the peleton or the cast?

possible skits?

- riding with W
- victory speech in paris
- tricycle racing
- rednecks in lycra
- freud and mom
- sperm bank
- one ball
- drug tests in pre school sports

slowgoing
09-26-2005, 09:51 AM
it's all about the French.

BumbleBeeDave
09-26-2005, 01:54 PM
. . . I think they are going to absolutely decimate the Frenchies . . .

BBDave

flydhest
09-26-2005, 02:01 PM
Bicycling beeeen berrrrry berrrry GOOD to ME!

Garrett Morris as, perhaps, Roberto Heras?

-Ray

LOFL

(laugh out f'ing loud)

It's on the 29th

http://smallscreen.monstersandcritics.com/article_1050045.php/%60Saturday_Night_Live%60_announces_hosts

oh, and my contribution. Who remembers Eddie Murphy as the poet Tyrone Greene, reciting his work "Images"?

Tour de France . . . by Tyrone Greene

Bikin' round, up in France,
Kill dat **** Pound,
Kill dat **** Pound.

Tested pee,
not from my pants!
Kill dat **** Pound,
Kill dat **** Pound.

C-I-L-L, dat **** Pound.
Def!

ClutchCargo
09-26-2005, 03:01 PM
Lance's sports psychologist .

"I'm good enough, I'm fast enough, and doggone it,

the French like me!"

:)

cycleman_21
09-26-2005, 04:04 PM
Father Guido Sarducci
in the team van with podium girl(s) or
The Coneheads jousting with the tour "Devil"

Speculating on the show in
this thread is better than the show will ever be

Ron C

jdoiv
09-26-2005, 04:56 PM
Speculating on the show in
this thread is better than the show will ever be

Ron C

but true... :cool:

george
09-29-2005, 02:46 AM
"I'll have 3 power bars please and a powerade" POWERBAR, POWERBAR, POWERBAR, GATORADE NO POWERADE...CHIPS NO FRIES :p