PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of the team sprint

fiamme red
08-03-2012, 10:09 AM
So many controversies this year in both the men's and women's team sprint.

Bring back the indivisual pursuit!

nicrump
08-03-2012, 06:56 PM
and the Kilo.

ultraman6970
08-03-2012, 06:59 PM
+1

Fixed
08-03-2012, 07:02 PM
Tandem racing
Cheers

torquer
08-06-2012, 09:35 AM
Typical; just when I finally figure out just how the team sprint works, you're gonna take it away!
I, for one, liked the racing I saw on TV; sort of a mash-up of team pursuit and sprints, and I like mash-ups.
Of course I set the DVR to fast-forward after the gold medal match, so if NBC did make note of the Chinese team's DQ, I missed than until the next morning's news.
By contrast, watching the individual pursuit in the omnium competition was about as exciting as watching paint dry.
Team pursuit, OTOH... What can you say about the GB women? THREE world records in two sessions! (Obviously, the NY Times didn't find anything to say, at least not in their print editions.:mad:)

fiamme red
08-07-2012, 12:39 AM
By contrast, watching the individual pursuit in the omnium competition was about as exciting as watching paint dry.I say get rid of the omnium too. It belongs at six-day races, not the Olympics. At any rate, it shouldn't replace the individual events. Imagine if the IOC eliminated the 1500-meter run or pole vault and said, "So what, after all they're included in the decathlon!"

Fixed
08-07-2012, 04:36 AM
Add not take away ,what a facility the Brits build why not use it to it's full potential It is the Olympics .
IMHO
Cheers :)